Book Trailers

Happy Saturday loves!

It's Saturday and I refuse to do my homework so I wanted to talk to you all a bit.

What do you think about Book trailers?

I first came across them a year ago and I was so confused by the concept. Why do books need a trailer? Isn't that what the blurb is for? Are trailers for people who are too lazy to read the back of the book (IRONY!)?  Now it seems like I can type in any book on youtube search and I'm almost guaranteed to find its accompanying trailer. Some are cheesy and others are very impressive.

I still haven't come to a conclusion on how I feel about book trailers. Why they are amusing, I still do not see their purpose. If I'm interested in a book, I will buy it based on my interest in the blurb, not because of some 30 second video short.

Now I will admit, the book trailer for All These Things I've Done reaffirmed my interest in the book because I felt that it gave the main character more of a voice than the synopsis did and I was interested in getting to know her better. Other than that I don't watch trailers to help decide if I'm going to make that trip to my local bookstore.

What about you guys? How do you feel about book trailers? What's your favorite book trailer to come out?

The trailer for Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is probably my favorite trailer because it looks so much like a movie trailer!

Labels: , ,