Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [#3]


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Frost by MARIANNA BAER



Leena Thomas’s senior year at boarding school begins with a shock: Frost House, her cozy dorm of close friends, has been assigned an unexpected roommate: confrontational, eccentric Celeste Lazar. But while Leena’s anxiety about a threat to her sanctuary proves valid, it becomes less and less clear whether the threat lies with her new roommate, within Leena’s own mind, or within the very nature of Frost House itself. Mysterious happenings in the dorm, an intense triangle between Leena, Celeste, and Celeste’s brother, and the reawakening of childhood fears, all push Leena to take increasingly desperate measures to feel safe. Frost is the story of a haunting. As to whether the demons are supernatural or psychological . . . well, which answer would let you sleep at night (goodreads)?
Hardcover400 pages
Expected publication: September 13th 2011 by Balzer & Bray





I looove ghost stories and hauntings and if this one turns out to be a psychological thriller then all the better! :) What's your WoW? 

17 comments:

  1. Following back :) This book sounds pretty interesting, I like thrillers, though I haven't been able to find a really really good one.
    It takes a lot for me to get worked up and anxious (I've been trying to find a book to scared the bejeezus outta me). Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vyki! I feel you, I a good scary story but it's kind of hard in books. I hear Bedbugs might be promising though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boarding schools never seem to be the place for true hauntings.... This seems amazing. Hope we both get to read this some day.
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited about this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. Great choice, this sounds really good and I am adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very captivating, good choice.
    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a very creepy story! :) I like the sound of it, but I hope it's not an open ending kind of novel(I like have a conclusion to my stories).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. I'm now following you!
    Great pick. Love the cover. I just added it to my list.

    Have a great week :)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great! Adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of this one! And the cover is awesome. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing what you think of this one Amber! Thanks for commenting on my review:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, this one definitely sounds like an interesting thriller! I've seen this book around on my dashboard, so I hope that means that it's good! Great choice this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also excited to read this one... it sounds so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking forward to this one myself. I featured the cover designer on Shelf Candy a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would really like your post ,it would really explain each and every point clearly well thanks for sharing.

    Register Domain

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!