Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [#6]


Half-Blood by JENNIFER ARMENTROUT 

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck (goodreads).
Paperback281 pages
Expected publication: October 18th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press 

Why I Want This: 

I love all things having to do with Greek mythology. We need more of it. Lots more. And I will buy it all up. Plus who can resist forbidden love? 

6 comments:

  1. I love how a lot of great mythology books in the YA genre are coming out! Half Blood is great! I hope that you enjoy it when you get it!

    I can't wait till my copy of Sweet Venom gets here! It looks like a great YA mythology one!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot of good reviews about this book. It sounds really awesome! :) Can't wait to read it!

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since reading (and loving) The Goddess Test, I've been a huge fan of books with greek mythology. And when a book can successfully take a classic and give it a great twist, then even better. I'm also a sucker for forbidden romance (what girl isn't?) so I'm looking forward to this book for sure!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is already on my to buy list. Nice Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've been hearing amazing reviews on this books I also can't wait to get a hold of it! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover and I'm excited about this because of the mythology. This one is definitely on my list. Great choice!

    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!