Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (#2)


Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Reread Again for the First Time

1) Harry Potter. The entire series. I remember when I was young just being so connected with JK Rowling's world and all of the amazing (and shocking) plot twists. It completely blew my mind and I was so in love, I want to relive that feeling. 
2) Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon. That book broke my heart so many times it was ridiculous, but the payoff was damn worth it. I keep rereading but nothing beats the  first time. 
3) Remembrance by Jude Dexeraux. First book I read by her, I was on a Deveraux kick for quite some time after reading it. The love story was just so innocent and charming. 
4) American Gods by Neil Gaiman. While the story, I felt, dragged at some parts, the overall plot was AMAZING. So much research on Gaiman's half with a shocking twist at the end. I love it to pieces. 
5) Delirium by Lauren Oliver. The first time I read this I was completely immersed; I loved all of the characters and the love story was too precious to even try to hate. I loved being in Lena's head wondering what is going to happen next.
6) Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This was THE book. I think I devoured all 700-something pages in two days because I just had to know about our mysterious Dark Hunter and when I DID find out...man I cried. 
7) The Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman. Kind of cheating because I have one more volume to go through before I can mark it as "read" but this series is just so intense I feel that I have to! The characters are so complex and the plot is so original. I'll never forget the arcs where Lucifer decided to leave Hell and the Dollhouse arc. 

I can't think of three more! ):

5 comments:

  1. I love that Harry Potter is on almost everyone's list. It would be so cool to experience those stories for the first time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to get American Gods. I've heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter is topping every list this week and it definitely deserves that top spot. I would love to relive that magic! I also agree with your Delirium choice. The love in that book is amazing!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Gods is on my TBR list and now that I see it on your list it makes me want to move it up a few positions. Great list!
    Erika@Let's talk about books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Delirium is definitely on my list. I'll definitely move it up a couple of notches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!