Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [#17]

Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


The Secret Society of Heartbreakers by LYNN WEINGARTEN



When her boyfriend breaks up with her on the first day of sophomore year, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life. Enter three stunning girls with a magical offer Lucy can’t refuse. All she has to do is get a guy to fall in love with her in the next seven days, and then…break his heart and collect one of his brokenhearted tears. As the girls teach Lucy how to hook a guy (with the help of a little magic), she quickly discovers how far she is willing to go—and who she is willing to cross—to get what she wants.

Fans of Lauren Myracle, Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Meg Cabot will love this tale of breakups, friendship, new crushes, and magic. Told with wit and charm, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is sure to be one of this winter’s most irresistible reads!
Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: December 27th 2011 by HarperTeen (goodreads)

Why I'm Waiting: 

It kind of reminds me of Practical Magic which was a super cute music. I like the idea of a bunch of scorned witches getting revenge on those who wronged them...and the inevitable "magic gone wrong" scenario and watch them learn through the process. 

What are waiting on??

11 comments:

  1. This sounds good in the you know it's going to backfire on her, kind of way. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really cute read. And I loved Practical Magic! Awesome pick. :)

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this sounds like so much fun! I hadn't seen this before. Great pick, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds very good! I like the cover! Thank you for sharing it! Great pick!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really good book, great cover too!
    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds like it will be a good read. I really like the cover with the little stars! Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/waiting-on-wednesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of a movie I watched years ago...I just can´t remember the title. Great choice, sounds fun!:) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fun - and I'm a fan of all of those authors so it doesn't sound like I can go wrong. :) And it's almost out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope that the guy that falls prey to the MC doesn't really get his heart broken. Because that would make me unbearably sad. Seriously.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds awesome I've been seeing it around a lot lately I'm really looking forward to it too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm gonna love this book! Cant wait to get my hands on this one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!