Fury Review

Fury by SHIRLEY MARR



Let me tell you my story.
Not just the facts I know you want to hear.
If I’m going to tell you my story,
I’m telling it my way.

Strap yourself in...

Eliza Boans has everything.
A big house.
A great education.
A bright future.

So why is she sitting in a police station confessing to murder (goodreads)?

Review:                   Copy provided by Shirley Marr and Wendy Darling. Thanks loves!

After months of trying to read this book, I finally have in in my possession and I must say, I REALLY wish that there was more!

Eliza Boans is the definition of a "poor little rich girl." She struggling with the power balance of her tight knit group of friends, trying to ignore the feeling that she has for a certain childhood friend, and she is currently in a holding cell while being interviewed for a murder that she committed. 

One word that comes to me when I think about the overall plot is building. The plot is a continuous and slow build up of event that lead to Eliza's current situation. While this book is not action packed with sudden epiphanies, its slow plot does keep your attention until the very last page. One thing I will say is that I wish that there was more of a wrap-up for this novel.  This books focus is not the actual crime being committed, instead it hi-lights the key characters and explores their relationships. 

Eliza Boans is extremely unlikeable in the beginning. She complains about everything, treats everything and everyone outside of her sheltered community as trash and is oblivious to how good she has it. For a good majority of the book I did not like her, but as the story progressed cracks began to show and I even began to feel sorry for her. Besides Eliza as a person, I loved how she interacted with others, especially newcomer  Ella Dashwood. Even Eliza's maybe-budding relationship with Neil made me smile.

Shirley Marr's writing style is what makes this novel so engaging and a fast paced read. It is littered with foreshadows and witty dialogue that will make you think. While there isn't a lot a action in Fury, it is Marr's writing that keeps you turning pages hungrily awaiting bits of information that will lead to the  murder. 

Shirley Marr's debut novel is rich in its characters and superb writing style. I loved the characters and the plot enticed me until the very end where I begged and pleaded for more. 

I recommend this book for fans of Pretty Little Liars and anyone who likes a novel about a troubled high school teenager. 


Want to know more about the FURY tour? Check out Wendy Darling's blog!

Labels: , , ,