Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up: Sept 21-Sept 27, 2014



Tuesday: Teaser Tuesday


      

      




 Blood of my Blood by Barry Lyga [GoodReads]
Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas [GoodReads]


     




This week has been...interesting to say the least. I started my new teaching gig and I don't think I was prepared! Haha. I've taught before, no big deal, but I've never taught for five hours to the same group of students. At night. From 5-10PM. It's wrecking havoc on my body! 

The hubs and I observed of 5 year dating anniversary. Yes yes I know when you get married the other anniversaries disappear, but I thought it was a milestone. He was my first boyfriend (what can I say, I'm a latebloomer) so I get to be all sentimental about it. It's weird, five years sounds like a long time but at the same time, not long at all. To celebrate we saw Maze Runners which he DESPERATELY wanted to see. I wanted to wait until I read the book first, but he peer-pressured me into it. I think he enjoyed it more than I did. I enjoyed it, but I had a lot of questions. A LOT. And since I hadn't read the books, I felt a bit lost (meaning I was mad that I didn't know what was going to happen next). This led him to wikipedia all the books in the series. Haha, I don't think he was too satisfied with whatever ending wiki told him. I refused to let him spoil it for me. Did anyone else see Maze Runner? What did you think? 

I started reading Wallbanger today and I'm already a hundred pages. I think I've been reading too many serious reads (I started reading Tearling but it was all just so heavy, I had to step away). I needed this for its lightness and sexiness. I think that's all I have to say for this week. I leave you a picture of my cat, Bugs. Look at how angelic he looks. Bwahaha.  



13 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and the hubby on five years! That's definitely a milestone :D

    I hoped you enjoyed The Diviners. I read when it first came out so it's been a while but I still remember how much I liked it!

    I can't wait to hear what you think of The Queen of Tearling. I've heard...some not so positive reviews for that one but I'm still curious.

    Hoping that your week ahead is a good one and happy reading x

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Time sure does fly.

      I REALLY liked the Diviners! My review should be up come mid-October (trying to get all my creepy reads to go live in October :) )

      Queen of Tearling...I don't know man.

      Thanks for stopping by Jess!

      Delete
  2. OOh nice! Those are new to me reads that you got this week! The Queen of Tearling has made its way onto my bday/xmas list! Lots of great reads and so little time to read them all! Curse my need for sleep!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL I know! I have fallen asleep many atimes with a book on my face, can't seem to overcome sleep!

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love having celebrations like that too. I haven't read The Maze Runner but I might start it soon because I want to see the movie. My honey and I saw The Giver before I read the book. Now I am not really interested in reading it now. I think I will (one day). I have a copy of Diviners here too. I think I might do the audiobook. It is soo thick. Lord!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alysia! <3

      I feel like not a lot of people have read The Maze Runner. I haven't seen If I Stay, The Fault in Our Stars or The Giver because I haven't read the book...and unfortunately I don't feel inclined too.

      Diviners is thick as HELL but totally worth it!

      Delete
  4. Dating anniversary - cute! Congrats. I've been wondering about The Queen of the Tearling. And not sure if I will see the Maze Runner in the theatre - depends if i get to read it before as i haven't yet either. Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! <3 The Maze Runner was pretty decent, I give it a "Matinee" rating.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the 5 year anniversary :D I really want to watch Maze Runner, I've read the book a while ago and so I don't remember any details (which everyone says were changes anyway). Happy reading for the rest of the week and I hope you get used to your new teaching gig. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica! Yeah from what my hubby looked up on Wiki, they changed quite a few things. I don't know how major they are in the grand scheme of things though!

      Thank you thank you!

      Delete
  6. I want to see Maze Runner so bad!! I just don't have the money right now :(

    I'm curious to see what you think of H2O. I saw it and considered getting it because the cover is lovely, but I don't know anything about it so idk. Your kitty is very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand about being poor. They only way that we could got is because we had a giftcard to the AMC around our place. If we didn't have it, we wouldn't have gone anywhere on our "anniversary." ONE DAY WE'LL MAKE MONEY AND SWIM IN IT.

      H20 is...weird. I like the idea, but the MC is so flippant about it.

      Thank you! My little Bugsy thinks he is so dapper!

      Delete
  7. Haha, that's so cute! A cat named bugs!

    I've been meaning to pick up Barry Lyga's books, because they seem creepy, mysterious and a lot of people seem to be reading them lately. But it looks like you had an amazing week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!