Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up: Sept 7-13





*Click the images for a link back to Goodreads*

        


     







  


    




So it's Fall you guys! I don't know about you guys, but one day it was 80F, and then it rained and 50F became the new norm. o.O I actually kind of like it because I LOVE Fall. I love fall fashion, I love fall drinks (drinking my pumpkin spice as I type), and I love Halloween themed TV shows. Well, I WOULD love Halloween TV shows if the hubs wasn't hogging the TV. New video game came out so I get the pleasure of looking at the back of his head as he screams into his mic at "n00bs" and kills aliens.  Don't ask me, I don't understand. This is why I play RPG and puzzle games. Which reminds me, I need to finish Professor Layton / Phoenix Wright. Any fans of those two games? They're about the only games I have time for because they're portable and don't take 50 hours of my life. 

So now that it's officially beginning to feel like Halloween, I've been doing a lot of spooky reads and will be participating in a Halloween guest post so I'm excited about that! :) On the topic of my blog, I want to thank everyone who gave me recommendations for a blog design, I'm still looking into it (aka I need money...er a job. Something) but thank you for the recommendations! I also want to liven my blog up a little with some discussion posts and guest posts. If that sounds like something you would be interested in, please email me at amber.dulivre AT gmail DOT com. I'm open to joint projects too! I've been feeling really creative lately, not too sure why. 

Anyway that's enough babbling from my end. Time to go read! 

Much love and Happy Reading!

                                                        


10 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed Lisa McMann books and I liked Crash, but Burn (the sequel) was a little better, IMO. I still need to finish that series. I love the Halloween season for TV! All the scary flicks are so much fun. I wish it felt more like fall here, but in So California we're currently in a heat wave and it's expected to hit 107 degrees today and around 104 for the rest of the week! I'm so over summer. *sigh* Enjoy your books, and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crash was okay for me, I think because the focus was the love story. I'll check out Burn because I really liked the idea of seeing accidents (through advertisements?) before they happened!

      Delete
  2. OOh nice! Haven't read Lisa McMann, but they sounds pretty interesting! Hpoe you enjoy your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Lisa McMann because her stories are super fast reads, like a three-hour read. The only thing is that the characters suffer from lack of development, but if the plot is intriguing enough, I can forgive.

      Delete
  3. I have been in the mood for darker reads as the temps cool. I look forward to your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'm thinking about finishing up some zombie books that I have'n't finished! :)

      Delete
  4. It's been just like that weather-wise here, too - 50's to 60's. It was rather beautiful today, but it's been downright cold the last couple of days! (Anything below 55-60 feels cold to me) It just reminds me that I am so not ready for winter. But pumpkin, yay! I'm excited about Halloween as well...I will definitely be participating in Horror October (hosted by Oh, the Books).

    Design? *whispers* I kinda do design...I've never officially worked for anyone but I've done friend's blogs (http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com and http://www.sparkles-and-lightning.com) and I do all of my own graphics on Novel Heartbeat ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the queen of "It's Cold!" If it's less than 70 something, I need a sweater/hoodie/blankie!

      Ooo Horror October you say? I'll have to check it out!

      *whispers back* Pssst I may be contacting you. I like the layout of your website, it feels so...open. Just let me figure out exactly what I want! :)

      Delete
  5. I love Fall too! It was 90+ degrees here last week, rained then was in the 60s. We're back up to 70s and 80s, but not much longer.

    I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think we hit 90 degrees ONCE this summer! This has been such a wacky summer, but I'm pleased with the fall temps right now. I'm terrified for this winter though!

      Thanks for stopping by Andrea!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!