Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up: Oct 19-25


Tuesday: Teaser Tuesday


   





  



Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan [GoodReads]
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins [GoodReads]
Omen by Kelley Armstrong [GoodReads]

 






 So guyssss. I got the internship!


That's how excited I am! Luckily at the point in my career where I can actually take an unpaid position and I'm excited to learn. I don't think it should take away from my blogging, I am going to have some pretty long days though (730-10PM, yeah boy!)

I think I'm in a reading rut. I just finished the Grisha trilogy and I don't know where to go from there. I'm about 100 pages into Exquisite Captive but it's boring me to tears. I then decided to try Rites of Passage and found that I wasn't in the mood for it. So even though I'm supposed to be reading Unmade, I decided to try The Girl from the Well instead. I think I'm just afraid to finish another trilogy. Maybe I need a light romance. Hmmm. 

Well I hope you all are doing well. This weekend was rather nice (except for me feeling pretty sicky), I can see that it's going to get colder in the coming weeks. :/

Oh speaking of cold weather! I'm attempting to make new desserts for the holiday season. If you have any recommendations please let me know in the comments!

Bisous!

10 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON THE INTERNSHIP!! *throws lots of confetti!* Hopefully you have a lot of fun (despite the long hours).

    Nooo it's a shame that you aren't enjoying Exquisite Captive. I was just going to pick that on up but...maybe later then. You know what will get you out of this reading rut? DEFINITELY A LIGHT FLUFFY ROMANCE. It'll bring things back into perspective. That's what I'm doing this weekend as well. I hope you enjoy The Body Electric! I really liked that one :D

    OH DESSERTS?! I'm horrible and am limited to baking average cakes and cupcakes (which I've since given up because I don't like cleaning up after myself D;). But I love when others bake. I'm in this phase and just adore raw fig tarts but...I also feel like Christmas fruit cake. Is it too early? :D I'm just so excited for the holiday day season to come!

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYYYY Thanks Jess! <3 <3, <3

      I checked out the GoodReads reviews while I was reading it and it seems like there are two camps: People who loved it to bits and others who were bored to tears. I think I'm going to fall under the latter category, but who knows how you'll feel about it!

      I'm reading Tease by Sophie Jordan right now, I hope it does the trick! I really enjoyed Foreplay! :)

      I LOVE baking but I know what you mean about the mess. I'm super OCD about it so I have to clean as I bake. Thankfully I have a dishwasher so it makes life a bit easier! I'm hosting a baking party now so I need lots of yummy desserts to make.

      Delete
  2. OOh nice!! I loooooved Omens! Of course I've loved all Kelley's books! Omens was mysterious and eerie and I am definitely enjoying the series so far. Of course there's only 2 books so far! Eep! Great haul! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first Kelley Armstong book because I suck. I've heard great things so I'm really excited! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the internship!! And it is hard when you're not finding a book that grabs you -- hope you find the perfect fit!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Yeah I'm reading Tease right by now Sophie Jordan. Hopefully it'll get me out of my mini rut!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the internship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the internship. I love the Grisha series. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo so glad you got the internship..how exciting is that! I have the Girl from the Well and need to read it. Have an awesome week Amber :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!