Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up: October 12-18, 2014


Tuesday: Teaser Tuesday

NOTE: Check out my Guest Post over at Fiction State of Mind. You could win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!


      


(Audio Book)



Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas [GoodReads]
Made for You by Melissa Marr [GoodReads]




I Want it That Way by Ann Aguirre [GoodReads]





'

My goodness this has been a crazy week. I woke up on Wednesday morning to texts from my parents telling me that my grandfather on my stepdad's side had passed. Initially, I was pretty okay with the news. He had been fighting Kidney Cancer for ten months now and when I spoke to hi on his birthday, he told me how he had his good days and bad days. I was very practical about the whole situation. It wasn't until about 10AM when I logged on facebook and saw all the pictures of him that my family members had posted, then I lost it. Completely broke down, couldn't read, couldn't focus,  and on top of that, I had to go to work. Teaching for five hours when you don't really have a lot of positive energy was probably one the hardest things I've ever done. ): I don't mean to depress you all, I just needed to get it out. I've always been told that I'm terrible at expressing myself, it's even cost me some friendships in the past. The funeral was on Saturday, so I think I'm done mourning. Let's celebrate his life instead. :)



In much happier news, I have an interview for an internship tomorrow so cross your fingers that I get it! I'm getting my master's degree in teaching this December but I think I want to change my focus already. Haha. So I'm getting an internship in international education to give myself some more experience outside of the classroom. 

I hope you're all doing well! Have a great week!
Bisous!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Amber Elise.

    Good luck for your internship. I'm sending you warm wishes and hopefully you update us on how it goes!

    I'm curious to see what you'll think of R&R. It was controversial, that one. And The Young Elites! I loved that one and I hope you do too :D x

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I think I cried myself out so I feel better though! :)

      Thank you!! I'm super excited because it's for a study abroad program and I LOVE study abrod! :))))

      WHY IS R&R CONTROVERSIAL??? I'm already like nervous as hell!

      I'm three hours into YE, the narrator is AMAZING which has kept me in the story. I'm surprised by how dark it is.

      Delete
  2. Sorry for you loss sweetie! But that's awesome news about the possible internship! Good luck! Got my fingers crossed for you!

    Great haul too! Just finished The Young Elites last night. It was okay, I liked it but didn't fall in love with it like I had hoped! And ooooh Made for You! Loved that one! Such a creepy thriller! It was awesome! Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! :)

      AND YAY THANK YOU! I wasn't nervous all week but now I am! GAH!

      Can't wait to see your review for YE!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your week :(
    Did you like Poison Princess? I thought the beginning was slow but I'm impatient. The rest of the book was really good though. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I didn't love it. I thought it was pretty decent but I didn't like Jackson soooo :/

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Good luck with your internship though! Hope this is a better week for you. Can't wait to hear what you think of Made For You! Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your grandfather, but at least you got it out, right? :( And you'll have a distraction with the interview (hope it goes well!) I really enjoyed Made For You, didn't like the characters that much but the psychology behind the serial killer was spot on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!