Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up: Sept 28-Oct 4, 2014



Tuesday: Teaser Tuesday
Friday: Book Review - White Space



      



Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins [GoodReads]
Poison Princess by Krelsey Cole [GoodReads]



Audio book





I have no idea why the cover to Fiendish is different for audio books. It kind of bothers me. While I DO think that this new cover better fits the mood of the story. But hey I could be completely wrong, I'm only about 90 minutes in. 

On Friday, the hubs and I saw Gone Girl. It was funny because he was more excited to see it more than I was, but I'm happy we saw it. It's pretty faithful to the book if you've read it. They skip out on some small things but it doesn't affect the story too much. The one thing that I wish that the director would have included was more on Nick's family, but Gillian Flynn wrote the screenplay so I guess she knew what she wanted in the movie. 

You know, I think I liked Gone Girl as a movie better than Gone Girl the book. Gone Girl made me feel all sorts of uncomfortable and I didn't quite know how to feel at the end. As a movie, it translated to a thriller with lots of twists and turns. I don't know, I think it just translated better. I see that Dark Places is going to made into a movie. You can check out wikipedia. I want to read the book before I see the movie but there are 148 people who have it on hold at my library. *eye twitches*

 That's all from me this week! Bisous! 


10 comments:

  1. Despite having no time to read the book (but I totally plan to), I took the leap and watched Gone Girl anyway. And then I had goosebumps because wow, I'm still suffering from the twisted nature of it. BUT it was really good, I'll have to admit. I had no idea about Dark Places--perhaps I should catch up on that one as well so I can be better prepared for the movie :D I hope your upcoming week's a good one, Amber Elise! x

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Gone Girl definitely gives you goosebumps with that abrupt ending. I think the book's ending is more abrupt and jarring and thus it freaked me out more. I think all of the actors did FABULOUS jobs too! :)

      Yeah Charlize Theron and Chloe somethingsomething (Hit Girl) are supposed to star in it!

      Amber Elise @Du Livre

      Delete
  2. OOoh nice! Can't wait for your review of The Queen of Tearling!! And oooooh Poison Princess!!! That one was sooooo good! Loved it! You'll want Endless Knight practically right away after reading that one! I'm dying for the final book myself! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen of Tearling is going to be difficult to review I've been avoiding it! Haha. It's 3 stars but....just stuff.

      I hear only great things about Poison Princess, I can't wait to start it! (Gotta finish Burning Sky first!(

      Amber Elise @Du Livre

      Delete
  3. Fiendish book cover catches my eye more than the audio's which is the one I'm interested in getting ahold of sometime. I saw Gone Girl over the weekend as well and thought it was just as good as the book. Although, I lean towards the book. After reading Gone Girl I inhaled Dark Places and Sharp Objects which were both awesome reads if your like Gillian's style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed both Lola and the Boy Next Door and Poison Princess. I ADORED the sequel to Poison Princess, Endless Knight though. Kresley Cole has this way of always sucking me in to her books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Wallbanger is hilarious! Super sexy but so funny. I need to read those Barry Lyga books. Lola is one of my favorites of the series. Enjoy your books Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved, loved, loved Wallbanger I laughed my arse off. I have noticed the audio covers can be slightly or completely different too Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read Wallbanger but a lot of my blogger friends have loved it. And I have been a Gillian Flynn fan from way, way back and since Dark Places is my favorite of her books, I can't wait to see that movie!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blood of My Blood looks pretty good. And I've got to get to Fiendish! I love Brenna Yovanoff. Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves post earlier.
    Check out my Monday Post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!