Monday, December 1, 2014

Book Review: My True Love Gave to Me

 Title: My True Love Gave to Me
Author: EVERYONE
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: October 14, 2014
Genre: Holiday // Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Library
If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you’re going to fall in love with MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME: TWELVE HOLIDAY STORIES by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by international bestselling author Stephanie Perkins (goodreads).


My True Love Gave to Me was a great anthology of stories to get you in the holiday spirit. Since it would take me all of December to review each story, I decided to just rate each short story. 


What the Hell Have you Done, Sophie Roth by Gayle Foreman


Star in Bethlehem by Ally Carter
Midnights by Rainbow Rowell
The Girl who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor



Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White


It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins
Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han 
Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan
Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire
Krampuslauf by Holly Black
Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena


The Fox and the Lady by Kelly Link

Short N Sweet: My True Love Gave to Me is a feel-good anthology with something for everyone, whether it's fantasy or mismatched lovers. It's great for anyone wanting to snuggle under blankets this December!

  

12 comments:

  1. Anthologies are usually such a mixed bag which is why unless they are a compilation by one of my favourite authors, I tend to stay away from 'em. There are some big names in this collection though, but I'd probably skip the vast majority of the shorts.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a mixed bag, but I was happy because if I didn't like a story, I could move on to the next one without disappointment! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it does have a good mix in there, and some amazing authors, which is why I want to read it when I don't usually read anthologies, and who knows, maybe it will get me into the holiday spirit, since I'm no where near it yet, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo Kristy-Marie! That must mean it's time to put the old Christmas tree up! This book will definitely put you in the spirit though. One of the stories even has a special appearance by Santa!

      Delete
  3. I really like your rating images! So cute <333 Sounds like an awesome xmas read :) Cant believe that there are so many popular authors's works combined into one work!

    Olivia @ Fictionally Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! It's ridiculous how much awesome was in one book, I hope Perkins has more chances to edit an anthology.

      Delete
  4. I like how you broke it down with your ratings. This sounds like a very cute book. I'm always looking for some Christmas-y reads, so I might check this one out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I couldn't even begin to start writing a review so I just gave my ratings for each story. Some were SUPER sweet! DO IT

      Delete
  5. I never thought about reading a holiday anthology. What a great idea! I have one Christmas read coming up and nothing else planned as of now. great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice mix of stories, I'd rec it!

      Delete
  6. I'm hopefully reading this one this month. I've heard cute things and I'm looking forward to coming back after I finish to see which stories we felt the same about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping to read this soon, as in this month, but considering my pile of 'I hope to read these before the end of the year' books, we'll see. (I might of ordered it from thebookdepository because it's gorgeous). And I'm glad to see seemed to like it overall, even if all the stories weren't up to par.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!