Wednesday, December 10, 2014

[Meme]Waiting on Wednesday [#52]



Title: Liars, Inc
Author: Paula Stokes
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication Date: March 24, 2015

It all starts with one little lie…
Max Cantrell has never been a big fan of the truth, so when the opportunity arises to sell lies to his classmates, it sounds like a good way to make a little money and liven up a boring senior year. With the help of his friends Preston and Parvati, Max starts a business providing forged permission slips and cover stories for the students of Vista Palisades High. Liars, Inc. they call it. Suddenly everybody needs something and the cash starts pouring in. Who knew lying could be so lucrative?
When Preston wants his own cover story to go visit a girl he met online, Max doesn’t think twice about hooking him up. Until Preston never comes home. Then the evidence starts to pile up—terrifying clues that lead the cops to Preston’s body. Terrifying clues that point to Max as the murderer.
Can Max find the real killer before he goes to prison for a crime he didn’t commit (goodreads)


I don't know why I love YA murder mysteries so much (it's kind of messed up when you really try to put it in real life context) but I do. 


12 comments:

  1. Nice! Don't think I've heard of this one! I love a good murder mystery as well! Usually it's the YA ones too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! YA murders are just so much more interesting .I think it's because they're not 100% investigative all the time.

      Delete
  2. Yes I cannot wait for Liars Inc either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good!! I met Paula at a signing and she really made it sounds fantastic. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to meet more authors in my life, where were you at?

      Delete
  4. Heh. I love murder mysteries too! This one sound fantastic and is definitely on my list as well. I'm ready for it to be March:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah, this sounds great! I can't wait to read it! Excellent pick! Here's my WoW

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I do too (and serial killer ones, they're just so interesting) so definitely up for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahoo I'm not alone. Have you read I Hunt Killers? LOVE IT.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!