Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Reading Challenge Sign Up: Audio Book Challenge


Wanna join in on the fun? Click the button above!



Reading Challenge Details:
  • Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. – I’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
  • By request, a new level (Marathoner) has been added this year for the hardcore listeners and the numbers for My Precious has been changed from 30+ to 30-50.

Levels:
  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
  • Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+


Update Schedule:
  • March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
  • June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
  • September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
  • December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap – Giveaway included

Audio Resources:
  • Audible.com
  • Audiobooks.com
  • Downpour.com 
  • Tantor.com
  • Scribd.com
FREE audio resources:
  • Overdrive through your local library
  • Audiobook Jukebox audios for review

I'm aiming for Stenographer. In 2013 I discovered a new love for audio books and I hope to continue exploring in 2014-I even have some favorite narrators.

I hope the rest of you will join me as well!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!