Weekly Wrap Up: January 18-24, 2015


Monday: Spoiler Chat - Ensnared
Tuesday: Teaser Tuesday (Crimson Bound)
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday (Glass Arrow)
Thursday: Book Review - Wild
Friday: Book Review - Tear  You Apart






The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons [GoodReads]

   




To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han [GoodReads]
A Million Suns by Beth Revis [GoodReads]
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover [GoodReads]

 









You guys. I didn't like Crimson Bound. *cries* I gave it three stars last night,  but then I slept on it and changed my mind. It was more like a 2.5 read for me. I had high hopes because I adored Cruel Beauty,  but this book has absolutely nothing in common with Cruel Beauty. Everything is different from the overall tone, the conflicts, world building, and relationships. I found it extremely difficult NOT to compare this one to Cruel Beauty, so I think people who haven't read Cruel Beauty yet will enjoy this one. I, unfortunately, was looking for the magic of Cruel Beauty and didn't get it. 

In other Bookish news I got so many pretty new books! Tor Teen really surprised me because I had requested an ARC of Glass Arrow like 5 months ago, and viola, I get a finished copy at my doorstep! I'm really excited to get into this one, but I think I've been reading too many fairytale retellings, I don't want to exhaust myself of the sub-genre. 

I AM reading Ugly Love, I don't know how, but I'm already halfway done and I just started last night. Colleen Hoover knows how to write a page turner, that's for sure. The only thing that's throwing me off is that I've never heard of "Tate" as a girl's name, so I keep assume that Miles and co is talking to a guy, not the love interest. Haha. 

In terrible news, it's snowing. 

Have a great week guys! My 2014 giveaway ended (err like a week ago) and I plan on (finally) choosing a winner this week, so cross your fingers! 


Labels: , , , ,