[Discussion]Does Book Blogging Take Away from Your Other Hobbies


I love being a book blogger. That's why I came back to it after a year or so hiatus. But I've come to realize that I've only had time to dedicate to book blogging. 

Like most people, I have tons of hobbies. I enjoy marathoning TV shows on Netflix, I read graphic novels (some, I'm SUPER picky about my graphic novels), I take pictures, I bake, and I play video games. 



Last October, my husband bought me Assassin's Creed Unity because I LOVE the Assassin's Creed series (for the most part) and studied French culture for like a decade. So clearly my initial reaction was


So we ran home, I hunkered down on the PS4 and played Assassin's Creed for about one hour before I put it aside. I haven't picked it up since then. Why? At the time I told myself that I had to get caught up on my reviews and reading and that I would get back to it over Winter Break. Winter Break has come and gone and I have yet to progress in the game,  because each time I thought about playing it, I thought of ten different book blogging things I wanted to do. 

Not had to do, wanted to do. 

The same goes for other hobbies in my life, I barely bake anymore, I have graphic novels that I haven't read in over a year (it's really pathetic), because I figure I would rather make progress in a 300-page book rather than finish a 20-page graphic novel. 

I still haven't finished season two of Orange is the New Black because I can't phanthom spending 8 hours in front of a TV and NOT read (like I did for season one). 

I feel bad for my other hobbies, I really do. My mind can't seem to focus on more than one activity at a time. I a big Disney enthusiast, and there are days where I can ignore blogging and books for the sake of Disney (Disney blogs, Disney recipes, Disney vlogs, Disney podcast), but I can't be apart of another fandom at the same time. 

Am I weird? Can anyone else relate? 



Does book blogging take up most of your time? How do you make time for other hobbies? Is my mind just weird? Talk to me people!

Labels: ,