[Discussion]What Do You Do with Your TBR?


If you're like me, there are books that you just have to have on your shelf. So you buy them and put them on your shelf and then take a million pictures to share via social media. 

Days pass, weeks pass, months pass, hell maybe even years. And your book sits there, unread. 




At the moment, I have about 20 books on my shelves that have not been read yet, and I don't even want to know how many are unread on my nook (probably at least 100). So what's a girl to do? 

Luckily, we've got options!

TBR Challenges
There are quite a few challenges/read-a-thons that aim to help you stay on top of your TBR. You either focus a day, a week, or a month trying to read as many books as you can. 

TBR Jar
I first discovered this on instagram. You basically put the names of all of your TBRs in a jar, and each month choose a handful that you promise to read for the month. 

I am considering starting a TBR Jar for the month of April and perhaps choose two books from the jar to read for the month. It sounds manageable, but this all depends on how many NEW books I buy and how distracted I am. I'm not one of those people to try to go on Book Buying Bans, I know I won't last so why disappoint myself? 

What do you do with your TBR? Do you have any challenges you commit to? Do you find TBR Jars to be effective? 

Pssst! Have you tried out TBR Time? It's a website that calculates how long it would take you to read everything on your TBR. It'll take me a year and a half to finish mine, how long will it take you to finish yours? 



Labels: , , ,