[Tag]The Secret Life of Book Blogger




It really upsets me that I don't know who started this. Anywho, I've seen this one around and one of my favorite things about blogging is learning more about the voice behind the keyboard. So without further ado, here's a few things about me, Amber Elise, as a blogger.




How long have you been a blogger?

So I opened my first tumblr account in 2008 and used it more as personal diary because NO ONE was on tumblr at the time. I began book blogging in the fall of 2011 and have been blogging ever since...well...except for that 15-month hiatus I took. 

At what point do you think you’ll stop blogging?

Oh man. The question no one wants to answer. I actually stopped away from blogging for a really long time in 2013, but even when I wasn't blogging, I was on goodreads and would occasionally peruse blogs. And you know what, I missed blogging. I missed it a lot. I'm sure there will  be times where I will need to step away from blogging, but in the end Ill always come  back.

What is the best thing about blogging?

The people. I love making new friends and chatting with people about books. I'm trying to join more twitter chats so that I can meet more blogger friends. I want more friends to fangirl with me about books or die of anticipation of the next release.



What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it OK?

The drama without a doubt. I feel like it doesn't take much for the community to become consumed by the latest controversey. I'm usually pretty good at avoiding it. Of course, I'm a nosy nancy and I want to know what started it, but I have no interest in engaging.

How long does it take you to make/find pictures to use?

I don't use too many images in my posts. I've got photoshop and I've been trying to up my skills in it, but I'm mostly a slave to Google.com. At least google knows what I need so my searches for the perfect gif don't take too long!

Who is your book crush?

Oh like which fictional characters I'm in love with? We could be here FOREVER. So clearly there is The Darkling. No one will ever compare to him. Ever.
Etienne is somewhere on that list, because who can resist a tiny Brit with a crooked tooth?
There are others I'm sure, but I forget. You know, that I think of it, I haven't had that many crushes this year. I'm going to need to fall in love some more this winter season.

What author would you like to have on your blog?

OH MAN.

I'm meeting so many lovely people so the list keeps growing! I would say J.K Rowling but she intimidates the HELL out of me. So like if the universe collapsed on itself and the sky were green and grass were blue, I would ask Neil Gaiman to be on my blog. He's just so perfect and approachable. Plus I hugged him so it's like we're friends. Totes. 

What do you wear when you write your blog post?

The perfect blogging attire is my PJs, a face mask and some wine. Oh yeah, I do it big. 

How long does it take you to prepare?

It takes me a minute to get in the blogging groove since I usually write all my posts one day. My first reviews are usually pretty rough and I spend a lot of time just staring at the screen and backspacing. After I get the first review out of the way, I get more comfortable and my reviews flow better. 

How do you feel about the book blogger community?

YOU'RE ALL MY FAVORITES!!!

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?

Read what you want to read, and post what you want to post. Your readers can tell if you actually enjoy posting, or if you're doing it out of necessity. 


Everyone that hasn't done this yet! Seriously, I want to learn about ALL of my blogger friends!




Labels: