Spoiler Chat: Mockingjay Part 2


The end of an era is here ladies and gentlemen. The husband and I eagerly pushed ourselves into a movie theatre yesterday (weather be damned) and I brought two packets of tissue (because tears) for the special occassion. 


So my thoughts on Part 2 are quite complex. I appreciated the reimagining, but there were times where I couldn't help but wonder why they just didn't keep it to one movie (although 1.5 movies would be the ideal size). 

Maybe favorite scene, of course, was the scene where our dearest Finnick dies a hero. The entire sequence was well done and the mutant mutts in the movie was a major step up from what I had invisioned while reading Mockingjay. That scene was exhiliating and had me at the end of my seat...but I can't say that for the rest of the scenes. Even the bombing at the mansion. 

I don't know if it was me being picky, but I felt like a lot of the actors were deadpanning their lines. Especially JLaw, I adore her, but I felt that she was super detached. 

My husband, on the other hand, claims that this is his favorite movie of the series, and we were trying to decide if it was because he hadn't read the books (although I have extensively  spoiled everything for him in the past five years). I admit, I have very high expectations when it comes to adaptations, butI couldn't connect witth this movie. 

From a film perspective, I appreciate the liberties that they had taken with the new "arena" and exploring Snow and Coin outside of Katniss' perspective, but it wasn't the book to movie adaptation I wanted. 

I realize that my assessment of the film sounds pretty negative, but I did enjoy it. Just not as much as I had wanted (is it weird that I might prefer Part 1 over this one? Yeah, that's weird). 


How did Mockingjay Part 2 rank in terms of the other films for you? How did you like the interpretation of Katniss and co's journey to Snow? Tell me below!


Labels: , , , , , ,