Family and Changes: January at a Glance


January has been the bane of my existance. 



Sigh. My January was such a fucking mess, I can't even begin to explain. In mid December, my mother was diagnosed with oral cancer which, understandably, rocked my world. The doctor seemed quite confident that it was in its early stages and that they would be able ot remove it in full. Big sigh of relief right? So my mom schedules her surgery for January 11. A week before her surgery, she calls me crying while I'm on the train coming from work. The doctors found something in her lungs and thought that the cancer had spread. This lead to an emergency surgery a few days before her oral surgery. As someone who has never been around major health issues, I had no idea what to do. Especially because I'm the oldest of three children so it had me rethink my responsibilities. 

Long story short, my husband and I spent a lot of time in an out of hospitals. I don't even know how I made it to work most days, I was running on fumes. It was also really hard for me to see what these surgeries did to her. Her oral surgery was the most invasive and the doctors were afraid that they would damage some nerves. Luckily, they touched nothing, but she had a feeding tube and was a stapled mess after the 6-hour surgery. 

Now the good news. After the biopsy on her lungs, the doctors confirmed that it was not cancerous cells in her lungs. And earlier this week the doctors confirmed that there was no more sign of tumors in her mouth. 

Literally ten minutes after that phone call from my mother, my husband calls and tells me that his fathter in his the hospital. 

Because we can't get a fucking break. 

We're not too sure what's up wtih his dad, there is honestly a laundry list of things that could be wrong. So I'm tired. We both are. And January can effing suck it. 


I bought a new planner and a new notebook. I adore my new blogging notebook, maybe I like it a little bit too much because I've used about one-third of it. Oops. I've got a lot of great blog posts written down so hopefully I actually get around to writing them. 






 

I'm goin to take it easy this February bloging wise. I'm actually in a good place: I'm on track with my GR challenge and I have reviews for 80% of my ARCs. I'm on track and it feels good. 



MARY: Unleashed by Hillary Monahan
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
The Skylighter by Becky Wallace
Harmony House by Nic Sheff

Here's hoping my February allows me to sleep! 



Labels: ,