Is it Fall Yet? August at a Glance




I feel like I've been ignoring my blog and all of you lovelies, but it looks like that is all behind us now!




I feel like I say this every month but August was a blur. Seriously. I hopped a plane to Washington, D.C. on July 31 to go co-lead a 40-person conference for the week and I'm still exhausted from it. For those who don't know, I work for an international education program that allows international university students to come to the United States during their summer break to work entry-level jobs in the United States. It's a fun program and is meant to be a cultural exchange program for our participants. Every year, we hold a conference in D.C. in which we hope to inspire a select number of participants to make a positive impact in their community and address global issues. After many tears and late nights in the office, I did it. I pulled it off. Even though it was stressful, I had so much fun meeting all of these brilliant minds and even getting to meet staff members of the Department of State. Adulting is weird. 
After that, I came back to deal with office life which was hard the second week of August, but then promptly, things began to slow down and I had more time to read and hang out on twitter. 

I also started bullet journaling which is surprisingly perfect for me. I'm super OCD and always need a plan so it's good to have everything written out for me. I also feel that I'm better at remembering things when I physically write it out. I'm primarily using my #bujo for blogger/reading stuff, but it's good for reminding myself of cleaning duties and doctor appointments! I've written out at least 10 potential discussion posts and some ideas for a Winter Bingo Cards so I'm excited to bring more content to the blog!


Blogging has been pretty shitty for me this month. I had a hard time getting back in the game after coming back from Washington, D.C., and I was just tired all month. Like really tired. I think it came from the sudden cold front we got in mid-August, but I've realized that I just need to sit my ass down and write. I'm promise to be better in September! 

I participated in both ARC August and Bout of Books this month and did fairly well! I wanted to read 8 ARCs for ARC August, but only managed to read 7. While I didn't meet my goal, I still think I did a pretty good job, and all of those reviews have been submitted to the publisher. Oh. Yeah. Bout of Books was just a successful, mostly because I had a three day weekend during that time. I met my goal of reading three books quite easily and even managed to socialize in a twitter chat. I hadn't been able to dedicate much time to blogger/book chats, so I was determined to participate in this one!



I read a WHOPPING 12 books! That's the most I've read all year, and it was the goal I made for myself. Allow me this victory dance!

My favorite book of the month was Everything Everything (4.5 stars) and my least favorite book of the month was Stealing Snow (1 star).


I've got GRAND plans for September! With my bullet journal and work slowing down, I think that this the perfect month for me to actually get shit down. I hope to schedule all my September and October book reviews scheduled and I'm aiming to read 13 books and 6 of those are going to be ARCs! I also want to challenge myself to write 3 discussion posts because I haven't written a true discussion post in months. I'm also going to get caught up on comments. PROMISES ALL AROUND. 

Besides that, I'm excited that it's fall because that means that our 2016 new releases are coming out in full force! At the moment, I plan to Leigh Bardugo on September 27, and I'm planning to see Kristen Simmons along with Paula Stokes on September 23. Will I see any of you lovelies there? 

Well that was my month! How was yours? 

Labels: , , , , ,