Holidays and Disney: December at a Glance


Like most of you, my December was busy! From a week trip to my favorite place on earth to some quality time with family and friends, I think I can say that I saw 2016 off in style. 






Wow, so much happened in December, it's crazy to think it was a month ago. Let's see, where do I start? 

The hubs and I hopped on a plane and took a well-deserved vacation to Walt Disney World. We didn't stay on property for the first time ever, so that was an interesting experience. It was awesome having the luxury of having our own (rental) car to come and go as we please, but there is something special about never leaving the Disney bubble. We spent our first day at Universal Studios because our landlord's oldest son is an engineer there and got us free tickets. YAY connections. This was my first time doing both parks (on our honeymoon we only visited the Islands of Adventure park), and I think Universal Studios is my favorite out of both parks. Diagon Alley was so much fun and the design team did an amazing job on it. 

Then we spent the next five days at Disney World. I was really proud of us because we managed to stay from Park Open to Park Close at the Magic Kingdom and do a lot of fun Christmas things. This was my first time at Disney in December and the weather was perfect for the most part and the crowds were pretty decent. We did all of our "Must Dos" and even met some familiar cast members from when we visited during our honeymoon. And the best part, I even got to see/meet/hang out with Tracy at Cornerfolds! Hey, Tracy! All in all, it was magical, and I can't wait to start our Disney trip for October aka Amber's Badass Birthday of Awesome!

The rest of the month was fairly quiet. Work came to a complete stop, but it was fun having the office to myself at times. We had a holiday party one night then a daytime activity and Hot Chocolate bar. I am a hot chocolate fan. Like coffee is blah, tea is okay, but hot chocolate is my everything. I also said goodbye to a really good friend from work who is being a badass and moving to Australia. Bittersweet goodbyes always suck. 

We did Christmas with family per usual and celebrated New Year's Eve playing board games and drinking fancy drinks. 



I was absolutely useless the first half of December in terms of blogging, but once work started slowing down and the year came to an end, I really amped up my reading and blogging. Hell, I ever got revigorated to start my bullet journal again. There is something about the end of the year that makes you want to get your shit together for the new year. I actually wrote and scheduled a review to go up in late January, I still can't stop patting myself on the back for that. Let's see how long this lasts. 


 

Read 10 books and surprisingly met my goal of reading 10 books. Thank God for all those days off at the end of the month. My favorite reads were The Sun is Also a Star and Born a Crime (both were 5-star reads). My least favorite reads were Frostblood, Ever the Hunted, and The Girl in the Picture (all were 2-star books).

January is going to be the month of planning for me. My bullet journal is in full swing and I'm even thinking about starting a google excel/sheets doc to track my 2017 reads, that way I can provide more stats in my wrap-ups. I'm fascinated by reading stats. I hope to make a triumphant return to bookstagram and read 12 books this month. With all the great books coming out in January, I'm sure I'll be able to read at least 12 books!


How was your December?


Labels: ,