Non-YA Novels I Want to Read this Year

 

It's no surprise that I enjoy Young Adult novels (especially fantasy), but every now and then I need a palette cleanser. You know what they say - too much of a good thing can be bad! I do enjoy other genres, but YA is always my "go-to" so I don't read as many adult titles as I would like to. So here are some non-Young Adult titles that I would like to read sooner before later!


A Gathering of Shadows: I read A Darker Shade of Magic in 2015 and it was an easy 5-star read. In typical Amber fashion, I have been slacking in finishing the series. Since the concluding novel just came out, I really want to read the sequel now!

A Taste of Honey: This book has been on my TBR for over a year and I FINALLY bought the ebook last month (it's $2.99, go go go)! Also, I don't think I've ever read LGBTQ fantasy?!

Behind Closed Door: I am such a sucker for messed up couples doing messed up things. The dirtier the murders the better. The perfect couple that seems to be hiding something? Yes, please! 


Kindred: God I'm ashamed of this. I have been saying I will read this for at least three years and 2017 will finally be the year I do (or die trying). I bought the audiobook last month just to ensure I do!

The Fifth Season: When I was in high school, I devoured adult fantasy like there was no tomorrow and I miss how in-depth those worlds were. This book is a "must-read" for me!

A Promise of Fire: I actually started reading this book (twice) in 2016; I have the audiobook and the book but haven't made it far. I really liked what I read, but I don't think I was in the mood for it. BUT HELL YEAR GREEK MYTHOLOGY.


Vicious: This is another book that I've started multiple times, but haven't made much progress. I've heard great things about this book so I hope to finally read it (especially since a sequel is in the works)!

We Should All Be Feminists: I read Americanah two years ago and I LOVED it. I told myself that I had to read more by Adichie and my friends have said that this book does not disappoint. 

You Can't Touch My Hair: I admit that the title and cover caught my eye at first, especially since I've been in this situation. I am ready to laugh my ass off and shake my head at people. 
   

Have you read any of the above books, what were your thoughts? What non-YA books do you commit to reading this year? 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,