#StayWoke and New Beginnings: January 2017 at a Glance


It's been...a month. 



January was pretty hectic, I'm not going to lie. I feel like I was living in a constant state of dread up until January 20, and my emotions have been yo-yo'd since. I participated in Chicago's Women's March which felt more like a celebration than a protest. It was great to be surrounded by $250,000 people who will furiously fight for human rights in this surreal times. And then my heart sank with the Muslim Ban. My entire adult career has always been in international education and there has been this weird tension in the air ever since the inauguration. I'm attempting to find a good balance in life because there is only so much you can take before you start crippling under anxiety.  



I was pretty consistent with blogging and reading for the month of January. I even started to post to Instagram more regularly. If we're not following each other, please link me! With this damn algorithm, I'm not too good at finding others. 

I also managed to read all my of February ARCs so I have time to read books from my shelves. Holler. 



I read some great books this month, I don't think I've read so many great books in a month in a very long time. 2017 is looking good. 

Best Read(s): That Hate U Give, Timekeeper, If I Was Your Girl, Blackhearts (4.5 stars)
Worst Reads: A Darkly Beating Heart (2 stars)
 



February is going to be an interesting month for me. I'm going to Jamaica and the Dominican Republic for a week. It's work related so I'm one part excited and another part full of dread. I don't leave home that often so the idea of being away for seven full days scares me a wee bit. But I know it'll be fun as well. Other than that, I plan on reading 10 books and come up with a consistent bookstagram schedule. 


How was your January? Tell me something happy!

Labels: ,