Celebrations and Crazy Weather: March at a Glance


I know I say this every month, but March was a WHIRLWIND. I had fun seeing friends get married and even got to attend a book event!




My March was a lot chiller than February, no international travel for me this month! Instead, my husband and I drove up to Wisconsin to attend one of my good friend's wedding. We studied abroad together in France almost ten years ago and keep in touch every now and then. It was a beautiful wedding and they even had a caricature artist. I think he captured my husband and I quite well, I never realized how squinty my eyes were. A few weeks later, I saw Roxane Gay with a friend for the release of her new novel. She was funny, down-to-earth, and super witty. I promise to read one of her books eventually. 


I was doing pretty well in the beginning of the month, but I've been susceptible to middle-of-the-month slumps lately. I actually went a week of just reading contemporary romances and it has been fun! I think I'm still in the mood to read romances, but I've sprinkled in a few YA ARCs just to keep myself on top of things but I'm still not on top of my ARC pile, send help. Thanks to everyone who helped celebrate Beauty and the Beast with my Beauty and the Beast tag! It was super fun to make and I can feel myself itching to create another Disney tag. 



I made up for February and managed to read 14 books this month, which is great because reading 14 books was my goal! My favorite read was The Mirror King (5 stars) and my least favorite read was Dirty Love (2 stars). 

 

My April should be pretty productive. I only have one work trip (to the exciting land of Iowa) and that's about it. Even though it's going to pick up at work, I think I can still dedicate time to blogging. I hope to read 12 books this month. 

Labels: ,