Behind the Screen: A Book Blogger Tag


One of my favorite aspects of book blogging is that we have the opportunity to get to know each other through our writing and reading habits. My most favorite posts from bloggers are the ones where I get to learn something new about my favorite bloggers and share likes and dislikes. I think that's why I created this tag. If you ever wanted to get to know me a bit more, now is your chance! If not, well, sorry. 

When did you start blogging and what was your first review? 

I'm dating myself a bit, but I started blogging on August 23, 2011.  The first book I ever reviewed was Timeless by Alexandra Monir and I did not enjoy it. 

Who/what inspired you to start blogging? 

I actually can't remember how I came across the blogging world. I remember I was really into Lauren Oliver's Delirium series so I probably came across reviews for it on GoodReads. I assume that led to me clicking on someone's profile and discovering their blog. Whoever you are, thank you!

What is a blog-related goal that you have? 

I have two very specific goals that I don't think I've told to anyone. I'd like to be blurbed in a book and I'd also like to moderate an author panel. I understand that my first goal probably isn't realistic anymore, but hey, a girl can dream. 

What is one thing you wish someone told you about blogging? 

To be fair, everyone says this, but I never listen:  "ARCs are hard work and not all that they're cracked up to be."

 I also wish someone had told me how many great friends I would have from this community!

What was your biggest blog-related accomplishment? 

Even though I literally made these questions, this one is hard. I guess the fact that I've managed to keep blogging for so long is an accomplishment. 

What types of posts do you enjoy writing? 

My favorite types of posts are usually the hardest posts for me to write: discussion topics/prompts. I love reading creative prompts on other blogs but I never feel that I have that level of creativity. I'm trying to do better by writing down ideas in my bujo, but I'm always afraid that my posts have been done before or that they aren't done well. Boo insecurities. 

Where do you usually blog? What does your setup look like? 


My setup is definitely not "aesthetics" as the cool kids say. I write out my week's blog posts Sunday afternoon (hello from the past) and typically while watching SNL or while watching my husband play some dumb game (right now is the latter) with two cats trying to get on my laptop. I have my bujo out to see what posts I have planned for the week as well. Blogging can take me anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours (or more if I'm having a particular #struggleday). I think today is one of those 2 hours days. Glamourous indeed. 


What was your last 5-star read? 

I am really conservative with my 5-star reviews; I haven't had a 5-star review this year which isn't unusual for me. My last 5-star read was The Last Namsara which I read last October. READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T. IT IS PEAK FANTASY. 

What was your last 1-star read? 

Wahoo, lucky I haven't had one of these in a long while. My last 1-star read was When I Cast Your Shadow which I read last August. 

What are three words that make you pick up a book? 
I like my books with an absurd amount of drama. 

What is your Hogwarts House? 

I am a strict Ravenclaw for life; there are no hybrid houses for me. Nope, all or nothing! 

What is your favorite reading environment? 

Something that I learned about myself (very quickly) is that I don't know how to read in public. I get very antsy and worry that I'm taking up a seat that someone may need. Because of that, I do most of my reading at home. I want to say that my favorite place to read is my bed, but that's also where I fall asleep the fastest. I guess that leaves my couch. 

What advice would you give to new bloggers? 

Find a schedule that works for you and your busy life. For some people it's manageable to post twice a day, for others, they've found success in posting twice a week. Do what works for you and don't compare your work to what your fellow bloggers are doing!


I'm not going to make you all post things about yourselves if you don't want to, so I don't tag anyone! However, you are more than welcomed to post your own answers and link back to me! Tell me if you do in the comments; I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS. 



Labels: , ,