Dystopian Futures and New Opportunities: An Evening with Neal Shusterman


Earlier this week, Neal Shusterman made a stop at Anderson's to promote his new release, Thunderhead. Since the event took place at the smallest Anderson's Bookshop, I assumed it would be a smaller event - boy was I wrong. 
The Neal Shusterman event was packed and I was impressed by how diverse the group was. I learned very quickly that Neal Shusterman was a household name for most readers and I need to read some of his other series. 

At the event, Shusterman talked about his inspiration for the Scythe series, did a few readings, and answered some audience questions. It was really interesting to hear from Shusterman because he was writing dystopia before YA Dystopia became a genre. Here are some highlights from the night: 



It was a great night and I loved hearing from Shusterman! Have you read anything by Neal Shusterman? I can't wait to start Thunderhead!

Labels: , , , ,