Book Review: Sex, Love, and Stiletto


I've been bingeing Lauren Layne titles little by little via hoopla. For some reason, I prefer listening to romance novels as audiobooks and hoopla finally uploaded all four books of the Sex, Love, and Stiletto series so I got to finally finish it! I wanted to make it a habit of having more romance reviews on my blog as well, so enjoy my mini reviews!

Here we go!


Title: After the Kiss (Sex, Love, and Stiletto #1)
Publication Date: August 26, 2013
Rating: 4 stars

Truth be told, I wasn't really feeling Mitch and Julie together in the beginning; they seemed too different and I couldn't read their chemistry. I did love the introduction to the Stiletto girls and what a tight-knit group they were. I don't know what point it was, but there was a specific moment where I changed my mind about Julie and Mitch and shipped them extremely hard. The ending was explosive and emotional. Overall, this was a fine introduction to a fun series!



Title: Love the One You're With (Sex, Love, and Stiletto #2)
Publication Date: December 9, 2013
Rating: 4.5 stars

I was obsessed with Grace from her introduction in After the Kiss and I loved that we got a sneak peek at the Oxford boys in this one. I loved Grace's struggle to find herself after a longterm relationship and how both Grace and Jake were reluctant to explore anything serious (but of course had to fall head over heels in love). I absolutely adored this book, not only did it have one of the best endings (if not the best) in this series, but Grace and Jake had undeniable chemistry. 


Title: Just One Night (Sex, Love, and Stiletto #3)
Publication Date: April 22, 2014
Rating: 3 stars

After the tidbits we got of sex bomb Riley in the first two books and her relationship with Sam, I was ready to fall in love. Unfortunately, there some just something missing that made it difficult for me to connect with either Riley or Sam. The romance was okay, in my opinion, the real draw to this book was each of the character's relationship with his/her family; I especially loved Riley's boisterous Irish family. So it wasn't my favorite, but it is still worth the read. 


Title: The Trouble With Love (Sex, Love, and Stiletto #4)
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Rating: 4.5 stars

Wow, this was probably the best ending I could have asked for, and I think that this was my favorite book out of the series. Alex and Emma had such a scandalous past that I couldn't imagine the two finding their Happily Ever After, but I loved every minute of it. The tension was thick and I was desperate to know what led to Alex standing Emma up on their wedding night. And can I just say, that ending was incredibly appropriate for this series, bravo Lauren!

Short N Sweet: Sex,  Love, and Stiletto is such a fun series that was equal parts hilarious and sexy. This is the perfect series to read while on the beach or with a mimosa in hand. 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,