Travel and New Revelations: September at a Glance



September was a pretty interesting month for me. I did a lot and had a reading struggle. 



I traveled sooo much in September you guys. In fact, I just got back from a work event and I'm on day of my work week. Day. 8. I took a little hiatus last week because I was struggling with blogging and reading. I attended the Association of Small and Rural Libraries Conference in Springfield, Illinois and really have no desire to return. Haha, the conference was good though, met some cool people and learned about some great initiatives that were happening in libraries across the United States. 

In sad news, one of my poor kitties was diagnosed with arthritis. He has the saddest little limp and had to take two weeks of medicine which he did not enjoy. I don't like to see my wee babies getting older!
I also decorated both my house and office for autumn. Fall is my most favorite season and I couldn't wait another moment to welcome it. IT IS FINALLY MY TIME TO SHINE. 
The last week of September I traveled to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the Joint Conference for Librarians of Color which only happens every 6 years (going forward it will be every 4 years) and it was an incredible experience. I was constantly surrounded by people of color who were passionate about their profession and determined to make a difference. I don't know how many of you know, but 87% (somewhere around that stat) of librarians are white women, so to have POC discuss their challenges and intersectionality was great. I cried at least twice.


And lastly, I had a bit of a mid-life crisis. I think I want to go back to school to get my MLIS even though I already have an MA in Teaching English as a Second Language. I'm like 90% I want to do it, but I haven't looked into it. More to come of that front. 



My goal was to read 8 books given all of my travel and I surprisingly managed to squeeze in 11 books. Magical. I had a pretty weird reading month, quite a few of my reads were 'meh' which made it hard to find the motivation to read. 

My favorite read of the month was Phoenix Unbound (5 stars)
My least favorite read of the month was Broken Things (2 stars)


Soooo I think I'm going through a YA burnout. A lot of the ARCs I read were 3 stars or lower and just not memorable. I've been dipping into a lot of adult romance which has been a hit or miss as well. I don't know what to do. I wasn't a particularly good blogger in September either. I've got like 5 reviews to write and who knows when that will get done. 


OCTOBER IS MY BIRTHDAY MONTH! I turn 30 on October 10 which is very !!!!!. I also have my last work trip of the year to Raleigh, North Carolina and I'm super excited to have it all behind me. Traveling is soo exhausting and I miss home way too much. I'm slowly trying to scale back on my blog (request fewer ARCs, post less on my blog) just because I feel like I'm forever playing catch up and I've got some things planned for 2019.

Besides all of that, I've got an author interview coming up, recap of the Epic Reads Meetup, and I'm attempting to read 13 books this month. 


How was your September?
Are you caught up on ARCs?
Do you like traveling? 
How many books did you read in September?
What do you have planned for October?


Labels: ,