It's Thanksgiving week and honestly, it's been a pretty rough week for me. Matt's grandmother passed last week so this week is filled with family. Given the recent events, and the fact that Thanksgiving is just in a few short days, I decided to remind myself of the good.
- I have a new job in the field I'm actually interested in!
- I live super close to family. Both my grandmothers and my mom are a 20-minute drive from me.
- My husband is hella supportive of everything I do.
- I'm in a position that allows me to meet some remarkable people, both professionally and personally.
- I have health insurance, therefore I can buy the meds I need to keep these lungs working!
- I'm in a position that I have access to sooo many books.
- My cats aren't assholes who want to pick a fight every moment (I just watched a "cats being jerks" video on youtube).
- I have the resources and support to go back to school and start a new career.
- After all of the hospital visits, my grandmother is doing well! She's not her old self, but she has her health.
- Publishing has been pushing out some amazing own voices titles in YA and I hope it spreads to other genres!
- People are voting and keeping themselves informed!
What are your Thanksgiving plans?
What are you particularly thankful for this year?
Labels: I'm thankful for, thanksgiving