Christmas cheer and time alone: December at a glance




Another month in the books! December was a good balance of frantic energy and some down time. For me, it was the best way to close out the year.



Looking back, I had a lot of fun in December. I saw some friends, attended a few holiday parties, and managed to exceed my GR goal. Everything up until Christmas was a blur because life was so busy. Matt and I do a lot of local traveling for Christmas and it's tiring to drive from one house to the other. Next year, we're hoping to have family come to us instead of making three separate trips.

But Christmas was fun! We saw my grandma who made out like a bandit for Christmas. I also met my wee baby cousin (who is sooo wee) and saw mom and my siblings. My siblings and I took our first picture in I don't know how many years. I don't know what happened, but I'm somehow the shortest one out of my siblings.


New Years Eve was definitely a lot slower paced. Matt and I marathoned the Harry Potter movies which reminded me why I loved that series. I think I want to do a reread one of these years.




Just because the speed of things, I struggled to blog and comment on blogs for the first half of December. It felt like I had so much to do and had the weight of 2019 on me as well. But like all things, it all worked out. I took a week off, which was nice, but it ended so quickly!




Overall, it was a good reading month. I met my goal of reading 10 books in a month (yaay) and pretty much liked everything I read. 

My favorite read of the month was The Wicked King by Holly Black (5 stars). 
My least favorite read of the month was White Stag (2 stars).


Look at that, we're in the second week of January already. I hope to read 6 books this month, which I think is possible. I've got ALA Midwinter in late January which is both exciting and stressful. I'm excited to see what books win awards, but I know it's all going to be a big blur. I'll probably take a hiatus at some point to recover from everything. If you're going to be in Seattle for MW let me know! I'd love to get lunch (or at least wave 'hi')!


Did you meet your reading goal for 2018? 
What were some of your favorite reads? 
Did you do anything fun for the holiday season? 
Should I reread the HP series, y/n?

Labels: , ,