Hamilton Book Tag



Soooo I just saw Hamilton, and I get it you guys. I had effectively ignored everything Hamilton related in the 3 (4?) years it's become a cultural phenomenon. The only knew the songs from the Hamilton Mixtape and I knew absolutely nothing about Alexander Hamilton, and I definitely didn't get the hype. Rumor has it that it's the last year Hamilton will be in Chicago so Matt and I decided we had to see it while we still had the chance and my in-laws decided that we wanted to go to.

We saw it last Tuesday and the soundtrack has been on repeat. I get it guys, I finally get it. And because  I get it, I'm going to continue my addiction with a Hamilton book tag. This was originally created by Booktuber Maureenkeavy.


MY SHOT
A character that goes after what they want

Rielle from Furyborn. Rielle was hella complicated and she wasn't afraid to go after what she liked. She made me uncomfortable because of the lengths she was will to go to, but I appreciated seeing her arc revealed.

THE SCHUYLER SISTERS
Underrated female character

Asha from The Last Namsara: This whole book is underrated and I need more people to read it so they can fall in love with Asha! Her growth to uncovering an evil in her kingdom while learning to love herself. IT'S SO GOOD.

SATISFIED
Favorite book with multiple POVs

Ha, what doesn't have multiple POVs these days? Scythe has a lot of fun perspectives, some from people who only make an appearance for one scene. God, I love that series.

WHO LIVES, WHO, DIES, WHO TELLS YOUR STORY
A book/series you feel like will be remembered throughout history

The Hate U Give has made an impressive impact on the YA world and I love that it's been introduced to classrooms. 

YOU'LL BE BACK
Sassiest villain

Joe from You is creepy af,  but he's also pretty sassy in his inner monologue. Such an uncomfortable combination.

NON-STOP
A series you marathoned

I kind of marathoned the Lady Sherlock series, it's so addicting with the slowest of slow burn romances. 

THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS
Book world you would put yourself in

Ooo this is hard. The Disappearances was charming and I wouldn't mind stepping into that world.

THE REYNOLDS PAMPHLET
A twist you didn't see coming

Gemina had a twist that made me audibly gasp! If you read it, you know what I'm talking about.

BURN
Heartbreaking ending to a relationship

This one is also hard because I don't usually seek out books that don't have a happy ending. I'm going to go with Second Chance Romance The Trouble with Love by Lauren Layne. The ending wasn't sad (really the opposite), but it was heartbreaking to see why the two had broken up in the first place.

STAY ALIVE
A character you wish were still alive

I REALLY don't think a certain character had to die in The Crooked Kingdom. I'm not overly distraught that said person died, but it didn't seem necessary.


Have you seen Hamilton yet? 
Are you more of a Hamilton or an Aaron Burr? 
What's your favorite song from the musical? 
Work.

Labels: ,