Les Petites Revues [#21]


This week I bring you too adult romances - one made me cry happy tears, and the other left me wishing the story was a bit different. 


Title: A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals #3)
Author: Alyssa Cole
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4.5 Stars

A Prince on Paper is my favorite from the Reluctant Royals series and I can easily see myself rereading this one in the near future. From earlier books, Nya came off as innocent and a bit mousy. She lived under her father's thumb and she spent most of her time playing online games, specifically of the romantic variety. Johan was introduced as her complete opposite. He was shameless and the tabloids loved covering his exploits. Each had a wall up that they may have not had realized that started to come down as their fake/political engagement became more and more complicated. I adored Nya and Johan individually and how they tried to deal with their problems only to realize that they needed the other. While Johan came off as a playboy,  he was deep down a soft cinnamon roll and I wanted nothing more than to protect him. I was more invested with his family than I had anticipated and I loved Johan's younger sibling, Lukas. This was the perfect ending to this series and I can't wait to learn more about the spin-off series, Runaway Royals. I'm not sure, but I think there was a backdoor introduction to an upcoming couple. All of that rambling was to say READ THIS. I CRIED. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?


Title: The Bride Test (Kiss Quotient #2)
Author: Helen Hoang
Source: Publisher
Rating: 3.5 Stars

The Kiss Quotient blew me away in 2018, and I'm disappointed that I didn't feel the same way about The Bride Test. From the start, something was missing for me between Khai and Esme. It could have been how their story was told, but there weren't any "moments" that made me feel strongly for them as a couple. Esme was a brave woman and risked it all for a better future in the United States, but I never felt like I knew her. She had friends, but they didn't make an appearance until the end, so it difficult to understand how Esme interacted with people outside of Khai. I thoroughly enjoyed Khai's relationship with his brother Quan and how he made Khai's happiness his responsibility. I would love to see Quan's story one of these days and learn more about Khai's sister Vy. I know others enjoyed The Bride Test as much as they did The Kiss Quotient, if not more, but I'm sorry to report something vital missing for me. I'm still happy to have read this book, but I'm even more tempted to reread The Kiss Quotient. 


What was a book that you had high expectations for (and were a bit disappointed)? 
Who are some of you favorite "tough on the outside, cinnamon roll on the inside" love interests? 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,