Authors I love...but haven't actually read


We've come a long way from only seeing an author's image on the jacket flap of the book. Now readers can interact with authors all kinds of ways, from conferences, social media, and other bookish events. Because of this, I've actually picked up books because I liked what the author had to say at an event or their content on social media. Here are some authors I love but haven't actually read any of their work. 



Beverly Jenkins: Ms. Bev is a personality but her list of works is intimidating as hell. I own books, but starting is the hard part. 

Roxane Gay: I follow Roxane on twitter and went to her book event of her's two years ago. She is such a smart woman and I love how she isn't afraid to make people uncomfortable. I'm not one for poetry or vignettes, but I'll make the exceptionn. 

Cat Sebastian: I first met Cat Sebastian at KissCon and I love that she is the ultimate fangirl and that she's not afraid to talk about her anxieties.I bought a few of her books to be signed at KissCon but you know, time. 


Courtney Milan: Courtney is another person who's social media content I live for. She is a background in law and she is not afraid to call people out. 

Nalini Singh: I keep starting to read Nalini's paranomal series but get distracted. I'm remotivated  because I saw she her a thriller coming out and I heard an interview about her paranomal series which makes me really want to dive into the world. 


Have you read any of the above authors? 
Who should I read first? 
What are some authors you follow but haven't read yet?

Labels: ,