Les Petites Revues [#35]


We took a short break but now we're back! We've got two books that had me smiling ear to ear, and another that was missing a certain...something. 


Title: The Unhoneymooners
Author: Christina Lauren
Source: Work
Rating: 4 Stars

Christina Lauren have (has?) been a hit-or-miss for me but The Unhoneymooners was just what I needed. The humor was along the lines of Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating and I appreciated how much depth the secondary characters were given. The Unhoneymooners was bursting was misunderstandings, awkward situations, and simmering chemistry. If any of those words grabbed your attention, then give this book a read. On an unrelated note, I would read more books about Olive's dynamic family. 

Title: The Bromance Book Club (The Bromance Club #1)
Author: Lysssa Kay Adams
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4.5 Stars

The Bromance Book Club is my latest obsession and I can't wait to continue the series. Told from the perspective of MLB super-star Gavin, The Bromance Book Club was hilarious, sincere, romantic, and paid homage to romance authors and novels over the years. I was unsure if I would like this one, because how often do you read about married couples in romance? The Bromance Book Club worked extremely well because Gavin and Thea had to get to know each other and address past hang-ups that interfered with their marriage. The Bromance Club was witty, charming, and hilarious - I am absolutely dying to get Mack's story!

Title: Not the Girl You Marry
Author: Andie J. Christopher
Source: Publisher
Rating: 2.5 Stars

Disclaimer - I have not seen How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, so I may not be the right audience for this book. Not the Girl You Marry sounded fun, but the writing and actual romance didn't work for me. Jack fell in love easily and thought that he was pretty successful with women. As a journalist looking to break out of the fluff columns, he decided to write an article on how to lose a girl and use the one girl he actually liked as bait. Both Hannah and Jack were using each other and I didn't find their tunnel vision for each other plausible. I'm disappointed that I didn't enjoy this one more, although I did enjoy having a book set in Chicago (even if the descriptions of Chicago felt very forced). 


Have you read any of the above? 
What's your favorite romcom movies? 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,