Les Petites Revues [#37]


Happy December! I've got three mini reviews to start the month off, and I enjoyed them for the most part - shocking. 

Title: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy #1)
Author: Ilona Andrews
Source: Library
Rating: 4 Stars

At Nick's behest, I've read my first Ilona Andrews book and it was quite the ride! Burn for Me reminded me of my early 2000s urban fantasy days and made me nostalgic. Burn for Me introduced a fascinating world with just enough character background to have me salivating for more. While the mystery was intriguing, I found myself more interested in the house system and dying to learn just a bit more about Mad Rogan. Besides Mad Rogan, Nevada and her family stole the show and I immediately put the second book on hold so that I could dive back into the world. 

Title: Lock Every Door
Author: Riley Sager
Source: Library
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Lock Every Door was an entertaining book to say the least and I'm happy I listened to it as an audiobook. It was told over the course of a week and juggled between "before" and "after" events. The format made Lock Every Door interesting and the chapter cliffhangers kept me glued to my libby app. Sager has been a hit or miss with me in terms of execution and Lock Every Door's ending didn't live up to its spooky premise. While I didn't love the ending, I can't deny that I was entertained and enjoyed the ride. 

Title: The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away #4)
Author: Roni Loren
Source: Work
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Roni Loren saved the best for last when she penned The One for You. It was full of the swoons, the emotions, the laughs, and growth, and the tears.  Kincaid was always portrayed as the happy-go-lucky of the friends in the previous books so I loved seeing her vulnerable side and how she carried a piece of her high school boyfriend with her. Ashton walked on to the pages with tons of baggage and watching him navigate his high school crush broke my heart into two, especially when they had their misunderstandings. The Ones Who Got Away series is worth reading just to get to this book and I will recommend it to anyone in need of a heart-wrenching romance. 


Have you read any of the above? 
What recent mystery/thriller would you recommend? 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,