Les Petites Revues [#40]




I had higher expectations for both of these books unfortunately.




Title: White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2)
Author: Ilona Andrews
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Source: Library

After Burn for Me, I was excited to jump back into Nevada's world and learn more about her relationship with Mad Rogan and her powers. White Hot was undoubtedly more action driven than Burn for Me with a large scale conspiracy that kept me coming back for more. As always, I loved Nevada's family and learning more about them and their abilities; however, I was not a fan of how quickly Nevada and Rogan's relationship progressed. I'm still intrigued by the series, but I don't think I'll be reading it for the romance. 

Title: The Worst Best Man
Author: Mia Sosa
Rating: 3 Stars
Source: Publisher

The Worst Best Man is hard to review because I can't pinpoint what didn't work for me at the end of the day. Lina Santos was a delight because she refused to let anything get her down or in the way of her own success. While I liked her and her family, I felt nothing when it came to her chemistry with Max. Max had a rivalry with his brother, the same man that stood Lina up on her wedding day, but that wasn't explored as much as I had expected. The romance was hot and heavy, but again, I didn't feel much for them as a couple. 


Have you read any of the above? 
What's a coupling that seemed good on paper, but just didn't do it for you? 



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,