Les Petites Revues [#43]


My March reads include a conclusion to a fantasy about gladiators and a roadtrip romance HGTV style. 
Title: Crush the King (Crown of Shards #3)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Source: Publisher
Rating: 3.5 Stars

The Crown of Shards series has been a fun ride of gladiators and forbidden love; Crush the King was the ending I expected. Evie had finally become queen and got the guy she loved, so it was no surprise that Crush the King focused on Evie taking down the man who caused all of her grief. The third installment was more action than romance and was a fairly quick read. I liked that we still learned more about the world and King Morta despite being the conclusion. While a fun ride, I thought that Crush the King played it safe; I wish there could have been more of the unexpected.

Title: The Honey-Don't List
Author: Christina Lauren
Source: Publisher
Rating: 3 Stars

I equate Christina Lauren with romance which is why I was surprised and disappointed by The Honey-Don't List. Carey and James were unwilling assistants following their married employers on their book tour, and their employers were a mess. I was more interested in the married couple's dysfunction and how Carey worked to keep their scandals away from the public. Even though Carey was an interesting character, I thought that Christina Lauren could have uncovered more. It's hard to describe this as a romance since it played such a secondary role to the overall story. It's sad that I cared more about the couple that was in desperate need of a divorce instead of the budding romance between James and Carey. The Honey-Don't List was entertaining and a quick read, but don't expect an all encompassing romance. 


Have you read any of the above? 
What is your favorite romance from Christina Lauren? 

Labels: , , , , , , ,