Les Petites Revues [#34]


It's a week of winners for Amber, yay! This week, I have mini reviews for the latest installment in the Lady Sherlock series and a quirky contemporary romance that made me cry (but that could also just be my pregnancy hormones).


Title: The Art of Theft (Lady Sherlock #4)
Author: Sherry Thomas
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4 Stars

The Lady Sherlock series continues to be a delight! The Art of Theft was exceptionally fun because we got to see all of our favorite characters go on an adventure, and get more insight to Mrs. Watson's past. As this series continues, it's clear that Moriarty is the Big Bad and I've felt the last two books have focused more on Moriarty rather than a central mystery which has its pros and cons. The romance between Charlotte and Lord Ingram is rife with more tension and I'm eagerly waiting for the day when it all pays off. I thoroughly enjoyed The Art of Theft for its continued comments on society, colonialism, and characters who have their flaws but try their best. If you're looking to get into this series, I highly recommend the audio books. 

Title: Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters #1)
Author: Talia Hibbert
Source: Publisher

Rating: 4.5 Stars

My heart was not ready for how much I would fall in love with this story and its characters. After a near-death experience, careful Chloe Brown moved away from her family home to a flat where she and a certain artistic superintendent had hot chemistry. Chloe and Red were endearing because they both had insecurities and emotional baggage that they needed to address. Plus, how can I say 'no' to a book that encourages going to therapy? Get a Life, Chloe Brown was heartbreaking, funny, and quirky, and I couldn't get enough. I hope we get another look at Chloe and Red in the companion novels about Chloe's other two sisters!


Have you read any of the Lady Sherlock books? 
What's your favorite read from Talia Hibbert? 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,