Spooky Vacations and Some 'Lasts': October 2019 at a Glance



Let's ignore that it's mid-November and I'm just now getting this up. Third trimester is rough my friends. 


There was a lot going on in October but I enjoyed every moment of it! To start, Matt and I took our  babymoon to Galena, Illinois which is a small cute town about 3 hours outside of Chicago. It's biggest claim to fame is that President Ulysses S. Grant lived there for about a year and it's just really cute. Matt and I went to enjoy some fall/Halloween feels even though it was fairly cold. Matt was in charge getting accommodations and we had no idea that our BnB would be a room with more than 200 cherubs staring at you from every angle.


Outside of shopping, Matt and I went on our first ghost tour which we were very worried about because we were the only people who had signed up for that time slot and our ghost tour host seemed a bit awkward and unsure of herself. In the end, it was really fun and while we didn't see any ghosts, we got to use all of the fun ghost hunting tools I've seen used on TV. A side note, we learned that Matt may have encountered a playful ghost named Puck when we went to dinner.

October was also a very busy book month for some reason. I think I went to three separate bookish events, two of which I still need to do write-ups for.

Matt and I also saw Sara Bareilles in concert which was amazing. I've seen her a handful of times and I cry each time.

I traveled to Omaha, Nebraska in late October for a library conference which I always enjoy. I was a bit more slow going this time around, but everyone was so nice to me and kept checking in. Omaha was super cute so I wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more.

Lastly, I went to a friend's baby shower and had fun. It's funny because we're like three days apart but while she looks her appropriate 7 months pregnant, I look like I'm 4 months. Clearly, we have agreed upon an arranged marriage between our children. Its only natural.

Oh, my 31st birthday was also in October but it was all a blur. 2019 is all a blur.



I managed to schedule some blog posts in October but I wasn't great at blog hopping, so sorry friends. 



  I read 9 books! I think my goal for the month was 10 books, but goals are meant to be ignored. My favorite reads of the month were Get a Life, Chloe Brown and The Bromance Club (4.5 stars) and my least favorite read was Not the Girl You Marry (2.5 stars).


November is halfway over and spoiler alert, it's rough. I'm sort of kind of reading, but it's slow going. I haven't been blogging, but I hope I can turn that around these last two weeks. If not, see you folks in December? 

I'm excited for the Black Friday Read-a-Thon happening Friday, November 29. Maybe that will kick my tail into gear. 



What was your favorite moment from October? 
Have you even been ghost hunting? 
What were your favorite reads from October? 

Labels: , , ,