A Little Holiday Celebration and Final Prep: December 2019 at a Glance


Wild to think that 2019 is over and done. December went out like a lamb because we were in full baby mode, but I did read some books!



I love getting into the holiday spirit, but it was hard in December because everything was baby baby baby. Matt and I did go to our local zoo's holiday light show which was fun, I had an office holiday party, and I did some light baking. Unfortunately, Matt caught the stomach bug from a one year old the week of Christmas so our actual holiday was pretty uneventful. We couldn't go anywhere so we sat around and watched holiday movies, I made myself a nice Christmas dinner while Matt ate saltine crackers. Whomp whomp.

Matt's coworkers through us another baby shower and holy crap, Matt is super loved by his coworkers. I loved that Matt enjoys tacos a bit more than he let on because a lot of the toys and clothes his coworkers got him were taco related. The things you learn about your husband?

I also had one final girls brunch with some friends. One of them is having a baby the same week I am so it was out last "hurrah" before our lives became diapers and strollers.


As expected, I didn't get much blogging done but I did do a round of blog hopping right before the year ended, hurrah! My last post of the year was my favorite books from 2019. I didn't do a wrap up of my goals, and that's okay because I don't need to acknowledge that failure.



December was kind of mediocre in terms of reads. My favorite read was One of Us is Next (4 stars). My least favorite read was Nameless Queen (2 stars). 



January is probably going to be nonexistent. Baby's due date is January 17 which is *checks watch* 11 days away. It's cool. I'm not freaking out at all. I do hope to get some reading in even if I expect I won't be around the blogosphere. 




How was your December? Did you do anything festive? 
How many books did you read? 
Did you read any of the books I read? 
What was your favorite read of the month? 
What was your least favorite read of the month? 
What do you have planned for January? 

Labels: , , ,