Is it Over Yet? March 2020 at a Glance


March was a thing. 



Oof. We're finally in April but I don't think it's going to get any better. On March 6, Matt and I went to the theatre and saw Onward. It was a cute movie with an ending that I didn't expect. I wasn't sure of it based on trailers, but it was a fun movie. On the way back home, we got a call from the school that Matt works at. Turns out, a staff member had just gotten back from a cruise, and you guessed it, contracted COVID-19. She was at work for roughly a week before she went to get tested, and the school was quarantined for two weeks. Luckily, no one contracted COVID-19 at the school which was a legit miracle. Two weeks later, the rest of the world was quarantined, whomp whomp. We've been calling this time Matt's extended paternity leave and honestly, it was really nice having him around. I watched an absurd amount of movies and TV and played with the baby. Not much reading was done, oops. Aria has been doing well. She turned 2 months on March 25 and has the sassiest little personality. She fake-gags when she doesn't want her pacifier, smiles and laughs at us (although at Matthew more than she does me, rude), and babbles all day long. 




My favorite read was Girl Gone Viral (4 stars). The rest were 3-star reads. 


It's already April 13, I'm failing at this whole blogging this, but life is weird. I go back to work today and luckily we're working from home and that makes the transition a bit easier. Illinois has a shelter-in-place order until the end of the month so that means that schools shifting toward elearning. That means that Matt is working from home as well so we'll be tag-teaming baby Aria this month. Honestly, I don't see the schools going back, so he'll probably be responsible for Aria going forward. 

That's all I have planned for April. Just trying to wait this thing out and not go crazy. 


When did you start sheltering in place? 
Are you reading tons while on quarantine or not at all? 

Labels: ,