Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays [#1]

Because I REALLY don't want to work on this paper....


Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish


Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me


1) Jane Eyre. We read the OTHER sisters in High school. ): I even bought this book, but I think I left it on the plane when I went to France.
2) The Hunger Games. I need to. There has been such a big fuss about it and it sounds like fun. Battle Royale in book form. 
3) Lolita. Who doesn't love controversy? 
4) Matched. I'm just now getting into dystopian settings so this sounds like a must. 
5)Forbidden. I want incest!!
6) Lord of the Flies. Boyfriend keeps making references and I'm just sitting there with a blank stare. 
7) The Golden Compass. I saw the movie but apparently I shouldn't have. 
8) Lord of the Rings. Don't really plan to either but people throw such a fit when they hear that I haven't watched the movie or read the books. 
9)Interview with a Vampire. I started reading in France...but then I left and the book stayed there. I could have so easily taken it with me!
10) My Sister's Keeper. I remember when that was all people talked about. Still haven't read it. 

9 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to read The Golden Compass because I always hear how great it is...but then I forget, lol.

    Nice list! You should definitely check out Matched and The Hunger Games :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read The Hunger Games, Matched, and The Golden Compass. I love all of them. I hope you get to them soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to read The Hunger Games! Its epically good. Plus, the movie is coming out so thats the perfect excuse to read the series soon!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Not reading the Hunger Games is just a few steps below not reading Harry Potter! You must read them. It's a really great series.

    Matched is on my list as well. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    My Sister's Keeper was SUPER good. Great list!

    Sophia
    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't read Lord of the Flies. Just Don't do it. Hunger games is a must. I have't read most of these either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord of the Flies is so so, but I read it cause EVERYONE else had, well, that's how it seemed. I'd just watch The Lord of the Ring movies if I were you. Shhh, don't tell anyone I said that, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hunger Games is really good! I personally love the trilogy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally gave in and read The Hunger Games after reviewers were going on and on about the awesomeness of the series...

    They were right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hunger Games and Matched are well worth the time.

    Jane Eyre is more of a, "well, if there's nothing else available" book. I know some folks who just LOVE it but I'm not one of them.

    Lord of the Rings is much more of an acquired taste, I think. I enjoy them but Tolkien does go on a bit sometimes. ;)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!