Monday, September 17, 2012

Musing Mondays [#4]

Hosted by ShouldBeReading

What is your least favorite book? Why?

I can't really say what my least favorite book is, but I can tell you what all of my not-so-fav books had in common: unlikeable characters and a writing style that did not grab my attention.

These two usually go hand in hand when the book is written from a character's point of view, which is very common in YA today. If I don't like the main character, chances are I'm not going to like what he/she has to say and thus not like the book.

3 comments:

  1. Mine was really easy considering it has been the same since 2008. I'm glad that you don't have one that you can say it your absolute least favorite and I hope you don't come across a horrible dud. Here is my Musing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate it when you can't connect or even like the main character! Even if there isn't a lot of plot, I at least need to like the characters in order to like a book.

    thanks for stopping by my blog--I'm LOVING the design of yours! Are you French?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly,a strong character can make up for a weak plot! But if I can't connect to your character, why should I care about the plot?

      And thanks coming by as well! As you can see I love pink! I'm not French but I have studied it for over eight years. It was my life for the longest time.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!