Hi all! I'm excited to say that I am participating in the first ever Black Friday Read-a-thon. This read-a-thon is hosted by Anna @ Don't Blame the Butler. It's a pretty chill read-a-thon for those of us who will either A) be in the long lines from hell or B) don't want to leave the comfort of their home on this business-driven holiday. I fall in the latter category and I don't think I will leave my house at all that day (true story: I went to Jo-Anns Fabric Store about 10 years ago on Black Friday around 9AM...the line was out the door. No thank you).
The rules are simple:
1) "Sign up" by commenting on this post.
2) Start reading after all of the Thanksgiving festivities and it ends Friday at 23:59
3) Open internationally! Any excuse to read is a great excuse!
4) If you want to read, read. If you have to work, work. If you want to shop, then shop. NO PRESSURE.
5) Bonus Points* for reading books with black covers or with the word “black” in the title. (*Note: Bonus Points are non-transferable, have no cash value, and may in fact be utterly worthless. Consult with your doctor if Bonus Points give you an ego boost lasting more than four hours.)
I'm not too sure what time I'll start seeing as the hubs and I will have three rounds to make on Thanksgiving (having a big family is great...but also not so great on the holidays). I don't know what my goals and what my reading pile is just yet, but I'll probably update Friday morning with all that jazz.
I hope you all can join!
Labels: black friday, read-a-thon