Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up: November 17-November 22, 2014





(Don't You) Forget About Me  by Kate Quinn [GoodReads]



Stitching Snow by RC Lewis [GoodReads]
Gilt by Katherine Longshore [GoodReads]
Walled City by Ryan Graudin [GoodReads]



      


   



  



I had a damn productive week. I FINALLY finished the audiobook to The Young Elites (I'm pretty sure I started it like last month) and I saw The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I. It reminded me a lot of Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part I in the fact that this is basically a set up movie for when shit hits the fan (and I don't know about most of you, but the book Mockingjay ruined my life for like two weeks). I really enjoyed it but hubs did not. Even though I told him (a million times for the past three years...) that the Hunger Games are actually in the first two books, he was still looking forward to seeing Katniss and co in the arena. Whatever. 

I liked this one a lot because it focused a lot on political strategies and how a rebellion is born (and I couldn't help but make parallels to Ferguson). The hubs and I agree that our FAVORITE part was when this song came on: 



JLaw did a really good job! :) Did you guys see Mockingjay? What did you think about it?

Oh and I am forever Annie/Finnick. Katniss and her boy drama is as irritating on screen as it is in the book. :/ 

6 comments:

  1. I've been dying to read (Don't You) Forget About Me! I hope you enjoy it. I've heard that it's the perfect blend of ambiguity and mystery. AW I HOPE THE YOUNG ELITES WAS ALRIGHT OF A READ. I can understand when it takes forever. I've kind of stopped reading Heir of Fire, just because I'm so bored :( I just watched Mockingjay and while I loved the political side of everything there were some really unnecessary scenes. Like the ones without dialogue and everyone just stared out into the distance hahaha Have a good week Amber! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the blogging community is pretty polarized on (Don't You) Forget About Me. Which I love, because it means I really do have to read and see for myself!

      The Young Elites was pretty decent, I think my biggest complaint was how our MC got involved with Tesserin (I had an audio book so please forgive any misspellings)!

      OMG there were so many random face cuts! I guess this is what we have to pay for if we don't want shaky cam anymore! Haha. I can't wait to see all of the bloodshed in Part 2!!

      I hope you have a great week as well Jess!

      Delete
  2. (Don't You) Forget About Me! LOVED it, it's rather strange, okay, really freaking strange, but it's goooooood. And reminded me a bit of the show Haven (which, I also love.) I couldn't get into Get Even at all, I read like the first 13% and found it all too ridiculous, so left it. EEEEK. I'm not watching Mockingjay Part 1 until the DVD (I know) but I'm impatient when it comes to waiting for part of movies, I almost didn't watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1&2 in the cinemas because of it, but literally couldn't wait so did go. But it's gotten really expensive and I CAN WAIT. I CAN. (I probably can't, we'll see.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'm happy you loved it! I hope I enjoy it as well, the synopsis is so deliciously creepy!

      I feel like Gretchen's books are very hit or miss, I've liked two of them so far so I hope I like Get Even as well!

      Haha, why are you waiting for it to come out on DVD??? You'll still probably have to wait six months. :p I do understand about impatience though, at least they're nice and have them coming out a year apart!

      Just know that Mockingjay Part 1 is basically the first half of the book, so expect a lot of build up!

      Delete
  3. EEP MOCKINGJAY!! i'm (hopefully) watching it on wednesday, and it makes me quite sad when people bash it for not having the games, or much action. well, mockingjay isn't supposed to be an action-war movie! it's a narrative of the destructive effects of war on people. i cried really bad after reading the book ahhh. *runs away to listen to the hanging tree for the umpteenth time*

    THE YOUNG ELITES!! STITCHING SNOW!! MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME!! so excited for many many many many books that you have ready, enjoy them and have a great week =)

    alicia @ noverly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I hope you see it this week! It's worth watching in theatres! I think the ones who complain the most about it not having enough action are those who haven't read the books. It makes sense though, the first two movies are kids killing kids, and then this one does a complete 180 and is basically political strategy and propaganda. I don't think the non-book fans were prepared enough.

      I'm reading Stitching Snow, I was a bit confused by the world building, but now I think I understand and I'm starting to enjoy it more!

      Thanks for visiting Alicia!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!