Champagne Toasts and New Hobbies: May at a Glance


I had entirely too much fun in May. 


So many Major Events happened in May! First thing's first, I went to my first Chicago Fire (soccer) match against the Seattle Sounders. I wanted to go because Clint Dempsey was on the Sounders. From that initial match, I was hooked. My husband and I ended up going to a match on our anniversary and for his birthday. The next home match is next week and guess who will be there: US. 

I also saw Jenny Han for the release of Always and Forever, Jenny Han. That was so much fun and I'm so happy I was able to meet her. I remember at BookCon at her, I shouted "congratulations" at her (because they had just announced that the book was coming out) before she was whisked away to a panel. I'm happy I was somewhat more normal meeting her this time. 
Matt also finished his first university class with the highest marks in the class. so we had to celebrate. School was always a struggle for him because he has ADHD, but he seems to be doing well so far. We celebrated with his favorite food, Korean. That reminds me, I haven't had Korean BBQ in a long time, I need to remedy that. 

It was also our 3-year anniversary. We went to Lake Geneva, WI which, on paper, sounds like a fine vacation, but in reality, IT WAS THE COLDEST WEEKEND OF THE MONTH. It averaged about 45 degrees and the rain was cold. Even though we spent much of our time in the hotel room watching terrible television, it was a great weekend getaway. I'd like to go again in warmer weather. 

And finally, Matt and I saw Aladdin on Broadway and it was spectacular! When I walked in, I was expecting something similar to the Disneyland abridged version but it was really different. We had a different cast (I think everyone except Jasmine?) from the New York show but it was a show stopper! I thought the ending was rushed, but it was entertaining, the choreography was jaw dropping, and the music (even the original songs) were great! I recommend it to all Disney lovers!

 

For the most part, my May blogging was consistent. I managed to catch up all of my review copies but I am woefully behind in reading my library books. I think I've renewed a few books at least five times. Hopefully, with publishing going on a break, I'll be able to catch up on some non-ARC reads. I was also a bit slow on commenting on blogs this month. The summertime is my busy season at work and it's hard for me to find enough time in the day to blog hop. I want to be better though. I'm becoming more and more present on Instagram (even though I suck at posting actual pictures to my feed). So follow me, so that I can stalk my friends on other platforms! 

 


Favorite Reads: Song of the Current, A Court of Wings and Ruin (5 stars)
Least Favorite Reads: Nuts, The Program, Geekerella (3 stars)

JUNE. THE MONTH OF ALA. FINALLY All of the BEA coverage is killing me, seriously. ALA has been in my dreams all weekend, but it does help that I at least have ALA to look forward to. Are you going? Let me know so that we can hang out! I would love to have a Friday night dinner with bloggers, but I know everyone is busy. 

I also hope to use my bujo a bit more. I got some really pretty stickers that reinvigorated my desire to keep organized, especially with my blog schedule. 

I hope to read 11 books this month and I truly need to step up my game with cross-posting my reviews. I think it's been a month since I've done it. Oops.

 

How was your May? 
What was your favorite read?




Labels: , , , ,