The Grinch Book Tag


Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates and happy Monday to those who don't! I originally saw this tag on Cornerfolds and thought it would be a fun tag to do to round out the holiday season. The original creator of this tag is booktuber Thoughts on Tomes

Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out
 Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill 


The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones: I was stupid excited for this book and it started off interesting enough: a young girl in a bad family situation who questions what she would lose if she gave up her heart. From there, it became a weird urban fantasy novel in which the main character and other character hunt demons. 

Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone 
Name a book that you didn't enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away


My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows: I am such the black sheep with this book. I really couldn't find anything redeeming about this book, I found the humor to be absurd but everyone else can't get enough of it. 

Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration 
Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can't pick a villain!)


The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine: Thrya was the love interest and she was the absolute worst! I found her to be super selfish and she kept pushing Ansa to act irrationally. 

You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn't real
Name a book you were spoiled for 


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling: I don't think this one needs much explanation. I didn't read HBP the moment it came out, instead I think waited at least months before reading it (I was still upset about the events of Order of the Phoenix). I was in AP Psychology class and my project partner made an off-hand comment about the big spoiler in the book and I just stared at him. 

It's freezing outside
 Name a main character you just couldn't connect with


The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco: I was soo ready to fall in love with Tea's story but I was just bored with her and her situation. 

Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas is You' and it's giving you anti-romantic feelings
Name a couple you couldn't stand 


The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I really did not like Dean and Cassie together. Dean was soo broody and cliche that their interactions bored me. You would think that the son of a serial killer would be more interesting, but no. 

That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won't get rid of 
show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren't motivated to read, but you don't have the heart to get rid of 


Down the Rabit Hole by Holly Madison and Sounds Like Me by Sarah Bareilles: I rarely read memoirs and the only reason why I physically own these two is because I met them at (separate) book signings. These will probably just sit on my shelves so that I can say "oh yeah, I met Holly/Sara". 

Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer
 Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths) 


The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins: Even though I'm upset that Rue was killed in The Hunger Games, I understand that she had to die to start the revolution. The death that I will never forgive; however, is Finnick.  

The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers
 Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long 


The Dark Hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon: I am woefully behind in the series and I don't think I'll ever catch up. I've been reading this series for other ten years and it still hasn't ended. I think book 29 comes out in 2018. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END? 

The Grinch
 Name a main character you HATE (No villians again!) 


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I don't keep a secret that I'm not a fan of this series, and I think that's all because of Celaeana. I found her to be super annoying and shallow.  


Do you agree/disagree with any of my choices? 
What books make you a grinch? 

Labels: