Nature and New Releases: March at a Glance



March was a pretty damn good month for me! Of course, there was a bit of family drama, but with a mini vacation and some fun author events, I can say that I was living my best month these past 30 days.  


March was a pretty good month for me, except my grandmother landed herself back in the hospital. I think we're all getting tired of this game (luckily she was able to go back home on March 31). Many thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts and hugs during this time. It can be emotionally draining not knowing what's going on medically, but I saw my grandmother on Easter and she was doing loads better. She's even trying to buy a new truck so that she can drive to the mall and church. Clearly, she's got her priorities straight. 

I also attended my uncle's art exhibit at a local library which was pretty awesome. I've only seen pieces of his artwork hidden away in his basement, but it was cool to hear him talk about his inspiration and show his process - and to a pretty decent-sized crowd! And of course, I was able to meet both Tomi Adeyemi along with Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. Both of those events were a lot of fun and I'm so happy I was able to see them in person. 

And lastly, Matthew and I had a mini getaway since our last vacation was in October when we went to Walt Disney World for my birthday. It was only a day trip but it was fun to get out of the city and hike some beautiful trails at Starved Rock. We hope to return during the summer months when it's (hopefully) warmer. 

Given everything that I did, my blogging was pretty consistent. I made an effort to visit more blogs which was a good start, but I think I could do better next time. I also managed to review all March and early April ARCs on time (wahoo) and keep up with my blogging schedule. Being away toward the end of March was hard, so wish me luck in staying caught up! My favorite blog post was my Blogger Confessions, check it out if you haven't already! 



Surprisingly, I had a fantastic reading month. January and February were mostly 3-star reads with a few 4-star reads sprinkled in, but I had my first 5-star review for 2018 in March. Ace of Shades was my favorite book from March (5 stars) while my least favorite reads were To Kill a Kingdom and Just One Night (3.5 stars). I can't believe many good books I read in March, I hope I have the same luck with April!





I don't have pretty big plans for April; I do want to get a headstart on my May ARCs though. I'm going to also blog hop a bit more so that I get to visit a few new (to me) blogs. I hope to read 13 books this month as well, that'll probably be the hardest. Luckily I don't have any big trips planned for the month of April, so hopefully I'll find a nice rhythm.

I do plan on going to C2E2 this month and attending my first Chicago Fire match of the year. They need me there too, they've been sucking. 


How was your March?
Have you read any books I read? 
What was your favorite book from March?
What is your most anticipated read for April?

Labels: , ,