Adventures and Plans: July at a Glance


This feels like the first year I've made the most out of my summer and it's not over!



If I thought Junee was awesome, I was prepared for July! We moved into a new apartment and we have decided that this is the last time we're moved! When I was little, I moved a lot, I don't think I spent more than two years at a place, and it seems my husband and I are cursed with the same predicament - we've lived in four different apartments in six years. But this one feels good. It feels right. So cross your fingers that this one sticks!

Hubs is off for summer vacation which means that he has more free time to hang out with me! He even comes to my work to take me to lunch...even if his true intentions are just to catch Pokemon. Damn Pokemon! 


We went to the Taste of Chicago for the first time in years (I think it was my hubs first time going period and my first time in like 8 years?) and had a lovely boat ride around Lake Michigan. It was a lot of fun and I may even be talked into going next year! 

We also went to our first Renfaire of the year! I've been going to Bristol Renfaire for about 10 years now and it never gets old. This year, I even bought some fae ears because I'm still not over ACOMAF. Hubby got jelly and got his own, so I guess we have to be fae for Halloween now? 


And lastly, we finally made concrete plans for our Mommy Beat Cancer! Disney World trip. We are officially going December 3 until December 10 and I'm already bouncing off the walls and making some itineraries. Everyone will have fun or so help me god. 


I have been having a struggle summer when it comes to both reading and blogging. I think that stems from my reading slump. Most of my reads have been "meh" with just a one or two this month blowing me completely away! I'm so behind I still have to choose a winner for my 100,000 pageviews giveaway. Ugh, I'll do that by August 6, promise! 

I participated in 24 in 48 for the first time and it was really fun! I wish I was one of those people who could binge read, but I start getting antsy after sitting in one place for more than two hours. I guess that's why we have audio books. I didn't do too shabby. I think I read about 15.5 hours and finished two books. I'm definitely going to be more prepared next time around! 

Here is how I did with my Summer Reads Bingo Card for the month!


Girl on Cover - The Vanishing Throne
Audio Book - Daughters unto Devils
August Release -  Nevernight
Indie - Master of Crows
Book about Race - Between the World and Me

 


 

 Reading 10 books isn't bad, but that only puts me at 70 books for the year. I had hoped to read 150 books by the end of 2016. Mayhaps there is still time for me yet! My favorite book of the month was The Vanishing Throne and my least favorite book of the month was a tie between The Shadow Game, Lotus and Thorn, and Riders (yikes!).


I have aspirations of being better in August. I want to read at least 12 books and catch up on all of my reviews. As we speak, I am 3 reviews behind. I just need to find the desire to sit down and read and write those reviews out, I think this is related to being so busy and adulting all of the time. The first week of August I will be in Washington, D.C. for a conference I'm leading (eep!) and I'm really hoping for some quality reading time at the airport. We'll see how that goes, though. 

I also promise to finally pick a winner for my giveaway (because that shit's overdue) and I had vague plans on doing ARC giveaways on twitter because I've got some ARCs I want to get rid of. 

One last thing for August! I hope to revisit my Commenting Party because my commenting and visiting of other blogs has been pitiful (why does adulting suck the life out of us?). 

Keep being awesome lovelies!

 

Labels: